How do the Hawks fix the PowerPlay?

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
He’s always been a terrible power play player and why ours has sucked for pretty much every year, I was harping on it last year too. The only time it’s ever been good was when we had a shooter like Panarin on it.

everything runs through him and it’s no wonder that despite a ton of philosophy and coaching changes , it doesn’t get better.

f***ing Duncan Keith is on the second unit who is honestly the worst PP D and they sometimes get the best look in their 20 or so seconds of ice they usually get and that tells me all I need to know

Reactions: Pez68

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
He’s always been a terrible power play player and why ours has sucked for pretty much every year, I was harping on it last year too. The only time it’s ever been good was when we had a shooter like Panarin on it.

everything runs through him and it’s no wonder that despite a ton of philosophy and coaching changes , it doesn’t get better.

****ing Duncan Keith is on the second unit who is honestly the worst PP D and they sometimes get the best look in their 20 or so seconds of ice they usually get and that tells me all I need to know

Bold: This is why I would slot Boqvist in Debrincat's spot, Kubalik where Kane is currently, Kane down low, Toews in front, and Gus up top.

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
You can't take Kane off the PP, lmao.

Dude is one of the best passers in the league.

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
Don't have Keith on either PP unit. He's f***ing awful.

Get the point men on their weak sides for one timers, and get them to shoot way more often and bang in rebounds.

This LHD on the left side sucks on the powerplay for one timers. They have to catch the puck and then take shots. Gives the opposition plenty of time to set up to block the shots.

I'd have PP1 as:

Dach-Toews-Kane
Boqvist-Gus on their offsides for one timers

PP2

Saad-Strome-Kubalik
Cat-anybody but Keith

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad