How Do Stars Take Next Step?

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Such a curious team. Have a couple studs on the blueline and Benn/Seguin/Radulov up front. Beyond that they have no depth. Why cant they find some decent middle six players? Seems they have had the same issue for years. Do they need to move out futures? One of Seguin/Benn/Klingberg?

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Luckily they only have to play tampa twice a year. They need secondary scoring bad though. Everything else is good enough to be competitive

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Benn is declining pretty severely as a player. Klingberg isn’t even a top-10 defenseman, Seguin and Radulov aren’t even a top-10 duo, Bishop is constantly injured and isn’t a top-10 goalie. Those are really the only bright spots and the rest of their team sucks.

(Heiskanen is a bright spot going forward but as a team’s #2 defenseman, he really isn’t anything too special at this age)

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Hopefully this loss makes Nill pull the trigger on some trades.

The loss is bad but I didn't expect them to win anyways. I'm more interested in how they respond next game.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Such a curious team. Have a couple studs on the blueline and Benn/Seguin/Radulov up front. Beyond that they have no depth. Why cant they find some decent middle six players? Seems they have had the same issue for years. Do they need to move out futures? One of Seguin/Benn/Klingberg?

You mean the high-flying fastest team in the league win every game 6-5 or 5-4 never happened?

This season and last, Dallas has solid goaltending and good defense/team defense but poor offensive depth/system/creativity.

Prior to that we had the worst goalie duo, no defensive structure, but could score 4+ goals every game with ease.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Benn is declining pretty severely as a player. Klingberg isn’t even a top-10 defenseman, Seguin and Radulov aren’t even a top-10 duo, Bishop is constantly injured and isn’t a top-10 goalie. Those are really the only bright spots and the rest of their team sucks.

(Heiskanen is a bright spot going forward but as a team’s #2 defenseman, he really isn’t anything too special at this age)

You mean Ben Bishop who is Top 5 in GAA and SV% isn't a top 10 goalie? That's odd.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

The teams offense sucks, the teams defensive play and goaltending has been solid. Tonight was a very rare situation where they don't receive top notch goaltending.

It's not concerning unless Nill doesn't do anything to improve the teams offense and Bishop's injury lasts longer than expected (which it already has). It will be interesting to see if/how they can bounce back from this one

The team is still 6-2-1 in their last 9 games

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Get rid of Nill and McDonnell and bring in scouts that evaluate players based on Tangible skills instead of Character. A GM that'll make moves for skilled players instead of garbage grinders and coach that isn't in over his head
Imagine how much better this team would be with Larkin, Barzal and then had prospects like Tolvanen and Veleno on the way.
but no instead we have Honka, Guryanov, Oettinger and Dellandrea..
Not a 6 scorer in the bunch.

Reactions: Ragernschnapple

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
You mean the high-flying fastest team in the league win every game 6-5 or 5-4 never happened?

This season and last, Dallas has solid goaltending and good defense/team defense but poor offensive depth/system/creativity.

Prior to that we had the worst goalie duo, no defensive structure, but could score 4+ goals every game with ease.
For me the one constant has been a lack of depth. Always been a top heavy team. They are struggling with finding effective secondary players. The middle six and middle pairing guys are usually the easiest ones to acquire. And have been for awhile. Its bizarre.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Our offence is garbage, we are solid everywhere else. Need to add one more offensive player, likely two to be successful. Lots of good options at the deadline so I hope we pick a guy up.

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada
I remember a few years ago when the Stars had the most goals in a season and didn't make the playoffs. Now they can't score. :huh:

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
You mean Ben Bishop who is Top 5 in GAA and SV% isn't a top 10 goalie? That's odd.

I don’t know man, maybe he is? I’ve always thought he was pretty underrated for a guy who was a Vezina Finalist twice, but he’s coming off two straight meh seasons, one of which he was injured for a large portion of, and he’s been injured again for a portion of this season. Maybe he’s borderline.

But even then, my point stands. They’ve got some decent top talent that isn’t anything too special for those positions, and they play solid defense as a unit, but they have absolutely no depth.

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
I remember a few years ago when the Stars had the most goals in a season and didn't make the playoffs. Now they can't score. :huh:

They did make the playoffs and lost in the second round to STL in game 7

They finished second in the league only behind Washington

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
I don’t know man, maybe he is? I’ve always thought he was pretty underrated for a guy who was a Vezina Finalist twice, but he’s coming off two straight meh seasons, one of which he was injured for a large portion of, and he’s been injured again for a portion of this season. Maybe he’s borderline.

But even then, my point stands. They’ve got some decent top talent that isn’t anything too special for those positions, and they play solid defense as a unit, but they have absolutely no depth.

They're lacking depth badly on the wings, but they do have Faksa who is an underrated 3rd C and also Lindell who is very solid and is a rock on D. They may also have something in Hintz

This is meant for your first post about there team being garbage outside of the big names. They do lack some skill in there top 9, but just wanted to point out Faksa and Lindell

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->