How do I view stats in a particular season after a certain amount games?

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
For instance after the first 51 games in 2009-10, how do I see what the scoring race looked like? I've done this before on hockeyreference possibly but I forget. If anyone could help me out that would be great.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
I think you need HR's paid tools to do this at this point.

Interesting. Anyone here paid for it? :laugh:

Or does anyone have the numbers for what the scoring race looked like after that amount of games? I suppose I could go through game logs but that's my last resort. I'm trying to get a comparison of Ovechkin's first 51 games vs. McDavid right now.

morehockeystats

Unusual hockey stats
Dec 13, 2016
Columbus
morehockeystats.com
Yeah this is what I was about to do and I already know Ovechkin's stats after that amount of games but wanted to know what the rest of the top 10-30 scorers looked like to see who was more dominant between him and McDavid's current season.
Your choices are either doing it yourself, pay the HR, or pay someone like me who creates paid reports on-demand. :)

tabness

be a playa
Apr 4, 2014
Yeah, to get a broad set of players scoring to their/their teams particular game for a specific season you'd probably need to go through the game logs manually or have someone run the report for you.

If you're fine with not as specific to a particular number of games, the NHL site's By Game stats report does nicely by just picking dates.

NHL Stats

Czech Your Math

I am lizard king
Jan 25, 2006
bohemia
Yeah, to get a broad set of players scoring to their/their teams particular game for a specific season you'd probably need to go through the game logs manually or have someone run the report for you.

If you're fine with not as specific to a particular number of games, the NHL site's By Game stats report does nicely by just picking dates.

NHL Stats

Yeah, that's probably your best resource at this point.

I did a concise summary of NHL scoring races from 1994 to 2014 here (based on equal number of games played by each player's team), which might provide some additional info for you:

A Closer Look at the last 20 Ross Races ('94-'14)

Reactions: Hockey Outsider

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad