How do I stream games?

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I think so, unless you also have a regular cable package, or you're out of market and get NHL.tv.

Sun Sports is owned now by Sinclair. I think it'll be next month that they make the switch to Bally Sun Sports since they said it would happen before the MLB season began. Sinclair are the ones that have to make the streaming deals happen.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Can you bypass NHL tv blackouts with a VPN? Only thing I can think of other than going the illegal route.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Can you bypass NHL tv blackouts with a VPN? Only thing I can think of other than going the illegal route.
What's funny about VPNs is that for services like Netflix or NHLtv, they explicitly say that bypassing blackouts via VPN aren't allowed, and it's a bannable offense. However, if you've seen an integrated YouTube ad in the past few years, they always mention getting around region locks for things like Netflix.

YouTube creators are given guidelines for things like length of ad, things to mention, etc. VPNs want that out there.

From the NHL tv zip code lookup page
Please note that this lookup is only offered as guidance and your location is determined by the IP address you are accessing the service from. Blackouts are enforced based on the location of your viewing and not your purchase, so if you are traveling blackouts will be enforced accordingly. For international customers, blackout restrictions may apply to games that appear on an NHL® partner network in your viewing area by the IP address from which you are accessing the service

A (paid) VPN should theoretically work. Free VPNs are laggy and/or tend to have malware though.

Reactions: Five Alarm Fire

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad