How do I stop getting these specific junk emails?

Discussion in 'Geek Emporium' started by LeafsNation75, Oct 3, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. LeafsNation75

LeafsNation75 Registered User

For about the last 1-2 weeks I have been getting at least 5 emails or more a day in my junk email folder of my Hotmail account sent from LinkedIn. However I can say 100% I have not been on their website or ever given them my email. I'm guessing they are all fake emails with some virus attached or something, so I always delete them. The problem is I'm starting to get frustrated with the number of these emails going into my junk folder, so I click on one of them with my iPhone and tried clicking on unsubscribe thinking that could work. Instead that sent me to some Canadian foods website and I clicked off right away. So is there another way to spot getting these emails from just being sent to my junk folder?

2. 542365

542365 Schwartz Be With You

Have you tried blocking the specific address that is sending you the emails? If they're all coming from one address that should work. If they're from several different email addresses I don't really know what to do.

HFBCommenter likes this.
  3. Osprey

Osprey Registered User

Try this: log into Outlook.live.com (the website for Hotmail; hotmail.com redirects there), go to your Junk Email folder, click on one of the emails and then click on "Block" on the bar at the top of the page. I think that that should do it, even if you don't use that website to do e-mail and, instead, use an e-mail client or app (like Outlook on your iPhone).

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
  4. LeafsNation75

I'm on my email right now and clicked on another one already in my inbox that I saved and I don't see a thing which says "Block." Instead I see "Flag" or "Ignore" so could clicking either one work?

Now I'm also kind of hesitant to click on anything in my junk folder unless it's something I know does not belong on there, so if I did that can't do anything bad to my computer? Personally if I can somehow click one of those emails on my iPhone and block them that way I would prefer to do it that way instead.

5. aleshemsky83

aleshemsky83 Registered User

6. Unholy Diver

Unholy Diver Registered User

I think you can only block the if they are in the junk folder, you have to check the box then hit block

7. Osprey

Osprey Registered User

As Unholy Diver said, Block is an option only when e-mails are selected in the Junk folder. Don't worry about viewing them. Nothing bad will happen unless you click on the links in them. That's why malicious e-mails always encourage you click on their links. If you're still hesitant, then go to outlook.live.com in your iPhone's web browser and look for the Block option there.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  8. LeafsNation75

I just checked my email and once again I got another one from "LinkedIn" however I saw where it says Block and did those steps. So hopefully that will be the end of those emails.

9. Osprey

Osprey Registered User

It should if all of the e-mails are coming from a single address. If they're not, then you may still get some e-mails. If so, just continue to block them and, eventually, you might stop them all.

10. LeafsNation75

You are correct because I got a few more after thinking I blocked them, so I just kept clicking block on the other ones I was getting.

11. OmniCube

OmniCube Kefka did it for the lulz

Vic Viper
    Tell Mr. Melnyk that you're no longer interested in donations and he'll likely stop emailing you.