How do I stop getting these specific junk emails?

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
For about the last 1-2 weeks I have been getting at least 5 emails or more a day in my junk email folder of my Hotmail account sent from LinkedIn. However I can say 100% I have not been on their website or ever given them my email. I'm guessing they are all fake emails with some virus attached or something, so I always delete them. The problem is I'm starting to get frustrated with the number of these emails going into my junk folder, so I click on one of them with my iPhone and tried clicking on unsubscribe thinking that could work. Instead that sent me to some Canadian foods website and I clicked off right away. So is there another way to spot getting these emails from just being sent to my junk folder?

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Have you tried blocking the specific address that is sending you the emails? If they're all coming from one address that should work. If they're from several different email addresses I don't really know what to do.

Reactions: HFBCommenter

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Try this: log into Outlook.live.com (the website for Hotmail; hotmail.com redirects there), go to your Junk Email folder, click on one of the emails and then click on "Block" on the bar at the top of the page. I think that that should do it, even if you don't use that website to do e-mail and, instead, use an e-mail client or app (like Outlook on your iPhone).

Last edited:

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Try this: log into Outlook.live.com (the website for Hotmail; hotmail.com redirects there), go to your Junk Email folder, click on one of the emails and then click on "Block" on the bar at the top of the page. I think that that should do it, even if you don't use that website to do e-mail and, instead, use an e-mail client or app (like Outlook on your iPhone).
I'm on my email right now and clicked on another one already in my inbox that I saved and I don't see a thing which says "Block." Instead I see "Flag" or "Ignore" so could clicking either one work?

Now I'm also kind of hesitant to click on anything in my junk folder unless it's something I know does not belong on there, so if I did that can't do anything bad to my computer? Personally if I can somehow click one of those emails on my iPhone and block them that way I would prefer to do it that way instead.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
I'm on my email right now and clicked on another one already in my inbox that I saved and I don't see a thing which says "Block." Instead I see "Flag" or "Ignore" so could clicking either one work?

Now I'm also kind of hesitant to click on anything in my junk folder unless it's something I know does not belong on there, so if I did that can't do anything bad to my computer? Personally if I can somehow click one of those emails on my iPhone and block them that way I would prefer to do it that way instead.

I think you can only block the if they are in the junk folder, you have to check the box then hit block

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005

As Unholy Diver said, Block is an option only when e-mails are selected in the Junk folder. Don't worry about viewing them. Nothing bad will happen unless you click on the links in them. That's why malicious e-mails always encourage you click on their links. If you're still hesitant, then go to outlook.live.com in your iPhone's web browser and look for the Block option there.

Last edited:

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
As Unholy Diver said, Block is an option only when e-mails are selected in the Junk folder. Don't worry about viewing them. It won't do anything bad unless you click on the links in them. That's why malicious e-mails always encourage you click on the links in them. If you're still hesitant, then go to outlook.live.com in your iPhone's web browser (rather than using the Outlook or other mail app) and look for the Block option there.
I just checked my email and once again I got another one from "LinkedIn" however I saw where it says Block and did those steps. So hopefully that will be the end of those emails.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I just checked my email and once again I got another one from "LinkedIn" however I saw where it says Block and did those steps. So hopefully that will be the end of those emails.
It should if all of the e-mails are coming from a single address. If they're not, then you may still get some e-mails. If so, just continue to block them and, eventually, you might stop them all.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
It should if all of the e-mails are coming from a single address. If they're not, then you may still get some e-mails. If so, just continue to block them and, eventually, you might stop them all.
You are correct because I got a few more after thinking I blocked them, so I just kept clicking block on the other ones I was getting.

member 157595

Tell Mr. Melnyk that you're no longer interested in donations and he'll likely stop emailing you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->