How did the Rangers dominate the Devils in 2008?

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
And then he got his shit kicked in in game 6.

It's ok to admit Lundqvist is bad when he's bad.

Yeah but as soon as Drury scored that goal to tie it that was it, there was no coming back from that. I'm with you though his body of work from the 08 Pens series- Ottawa in 2012 left a lot to be desired. Blew a 3-1 lead in 09 and never should have given up that Fedorov goal and then completely killed all momentum we had by blowing the 3-0 lead in the "CAN YOU HEAR US" game in 2011.

It is just a shame that he never had actual elite players like Panarin, Zibanejad and Fox in front of him during his best years.

Up until them I always thought like freaking Zherdev was the best pure talent we had of the Lundqvist era lol.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Yeah but as soon as Drury scored that goal to tie it that was it, there was no coming back from that. I'm with you though his body of work from the 08 Pens series- Ottawa in 2012 left a lot to be desired.

It is just a shame that he never had actual elite players like Panarin, Zibanejad and Fox in front of him during his best years.

Up until them I always thought like freaking Zherdev was the best pure talent we had of the Lundqvist era lol.
It's definitely a shame that he didn't have the elite talent from '12-'17 (maybe less so '14, they were actually kind of good) when he was dragging us around.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
Went to one of those regular season games that year.

Victory claimed due to the shootout heroics of Nigel Dawes lmfao

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I love Hank, he's been the reason for a lot of playoff trips for the Rangers.

But there have been a lot of heartbreaking playoff losses, much like some great wins. There's a lot of those moments. 7.7 seconds. Federov goal. Henrique goal. Pageau goal.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
I love Hank, he's been the reason for a lot of playoff trips for the Rangers.

But there have been a lot of heartbreaking playoff losses, much like some great wins. There's a lot of those moments. 7.7 seconds. Federov goal. Henrique goal. Pageau goal.
Well, if the team could've created a better scoring support than 29th in the league overall, perhaps not every game had to be such a nailbiter. But they were. Soccer teams would feel bad about the GF/G this team created in all those playoff runs.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
In '06 after the lockout? Dude set a goal and points record for the Rangers that year. Rangers were competitive and made the playoffs for the first time in 7 years or whatever. I don't remember much booing or hate for Jagr...the bottom fell out at the end of the season for reasons described above but ultimately that team was mostly a 1 unit team and not much depth.

Sorry was unclear, no of course Jagr wasn't booed or hated. Was reffering to others on the team, Malik and co.

But there was so much controversy around Jagr in media and especially Brooks stirred up a lot of things.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad