How did Ottawa get within 1 game of the Cup Final last year?

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
Anderson stood on his head vs. NYR
NYR had no answer for Pageau
Karlsson was in God Mode Vs. NYR

I can't speak for the Boston series.

*edit. I see someone beat me to the God Mode moniker.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
EK in God Mode dragging the rest of the team kicking and screaming to the ECF. Not much more to it than that.

Bobby Ryan was a beast. The rest of the team was completely in tune with one another, evry line was a scoring threat and solid defensively, and goaltending was good

A team doesn't win two series and push a third to the absolute brink because of one player.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
a healthy Bruins team went 0 for 4 last year in the regular season last year. against Ottawa. Was that also because of Ottawa catching all the breaks?

Regular season hockey has nothing to do with how things will play out in the playoffs. Case in point the current playoff series between the Leafs and Bruins. Just missing Krug and Carlo alone was huge but we also had 2 other regulars on D out, and Krejci who is a playoff beast missed most of that series. I hope you enjoyed your lucky run, you won't be getting a sniff for years.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Regular season hockey has nothing to do with how things will play out in the playoffs. Case in point the current playoff series between the Leafs and Bruins. Just missing Krug and Carlo alone was huge but we also had 2 other regulars on D out, and Krejci who is a playoff beast missed most of that series. I hope you enjoyed your lucky run, you won't be getting a sniff for years.

I’m enjoying it a lot more now after reading this post.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
A healthy Bruins team most likely wins that series last year. Even with all of our injuries it took the Sens a bunch of OT games to win the series. Still angered by the OT penalty on Nash that cost them a game, Sens caught all of the breaks in that series.
Boston was just not the same team last year even when healthy. They weren't very good.

Reactions: topshelf15

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
Its really really really really really hard to win the Stanley cup. Believe the Oilers were also supposed to advance further this year too..
Injuries, bad trades, losing guys to UFA all play a role

Things happen, and we could very likely have 4 or 5 teams that made it this year not make it next year.

Reactions: topshelf15

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Its really really really really really hard to win the Stanley cup. Believe the Oilers were also supposed to advance further this year too..

Things happen, and we could very likely have 4 or 5 teams that made it this year not make it next year.
So much this...

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa

There is seemingly only a few teams you can generally make accurate statements about them being good or bad the next season, the rest are a complete toss up which are determined on many varying factors. To pick one for the Sens this past season would not tell the whole story but easily for me it was going from above average tending to worst in the league.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Lol salty.....

Reactions: Senscore

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
If we were lucky Karlsson would have been playing on two feet instead of one the whole time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad