How Confident Are You In Babcock?

How Confident Are You in Babcock? (Read)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
So the last time Babsuck won anything of consequence was 5 years ago with a stacked team. Before that 9 years ago. Before that 11 years ago.

The game has passed him by. Admitting that is the first step to recovery.
Yup, similar to how Babcock thinks Marleau is the same caliber of player he was back when he coached him in Vancouver at the Olympics.

News flash, Marleau is a completely different player nowadays and we have better options.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Everyone has a shelf life.

The fact that Zeke of all people is vehemently calling out the coach speaks volumes. Especially when this coach has resume and his team is on route to making the playoffs in 3 consecutive seasons.

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
Nylander was probably the Leafs best forward tonight, and he got to play a grand total of 15 minutes, mostly with Brown and Johnson. With Kadri out, tonight would have been a perfect time to give him more ice time , especially with Matthews.

Pretty much every game for the past 6 weeks would have been the perfect time to give him more ice time, especially with Matthews.

Matthews34

Oct 9, 2009
Uxbridge
Nylander was probably the Leafs best forward tonight, and he got to play a grand total of 15 minutes, mostly with Brown and Johnson. With Kadri out, tonight would have been a perfect time to give him more ice time , especially with Matthews.

How do you play Nylander with Matthews when you’re down a centre?? That’s crazy talk.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
I predict Babs is gone if the Leafs are One and Done again. There are several aspects to Babs coaching 'strategies' that don't work consistently well (i know most don't for other coaches as well) but an important part of coaching is being able to recognize when an adjustment is needed...he seems very content to roll 4 lines...hell or high water. To me that's being mentally lazy. He refuses to give allstar players allstar ice time and this will ultimately be his demise!

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
Except last season they moved Nylander to centre as well.

When Matthews was injured they moved Nylander to centre for some of those games. However, that was not dealing with an injury mid-game. Last year on December 28th (2017) Kadri was injured during the first period after having played almost exactly the same amount of ice time as he did tonight. They did not move Nylander to C. He stayed with Matthews and Hyman. They managed to run Kadri line by shifting other players in. There has been zero reason not to return Nylander to Matthews' wing, and there was still no reason to not do it after Kadri was injured. In fact, with the team down two goals, they should have essentially run 3 lines - with two of those lines playing heavily - Tavaris/Marner and Matthews/Nylander - you know play your star players more than 15 and 17 minutes when you are down by 2 goals like every single other team in the NHL. But, Babcock is a complete f***ing idiot.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME HOW THE FOLLOWING MAKES SENSE:
Auston Matthews - 16:52
William Nylander - 15:19
Patrick Marleau - 15:38
Connor Brown - 14:06
Zach Hyman - 20:08

WE LOST BY ONE. ONE GOAL!

PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME HOW MATTHEWS PLAYED 16:52 WITH NAZEM KADRI OUT OF THE LINEUP.

PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME HOW NYLANDER PLAYED 15:19 WITH NAZEM KADRI OUT OF THE LINEUP.

EGOCOCK went from the reason we won when we weren't supposed to, to the reason we lose when we shouldn't. Im so sick of his stubbornness. Ive supported him for 3 years.

IM JUST SO SICK OF HIM (although, he gives great interviews, gotta go listen to the post game)

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
The Leafs played a great game against a top team, especially considered they were missing Kadri. The problem is that in a tight series against other good teams, the Leafs need every advantage to put them over the top. Babcock is indicating that he's more likely to do the opposite. Our star players don't get enough ice time, and our worst players get too much. Those kinds of decisions could mean the difference between winning and losing a series

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME HOW THE FOLLOWING MAKES SENSE:
Auston Matthews - 16:52
William Nylander - 15:19
Patrick Marleau - 15:38
Connor Brown - 14:06
Zach Hyman - 20:08

WE LOST BY ONE. ONE GOAL!

PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME HOW MATTHEWS PLAYED 16:52 WITH NAZEM KADRI OUT OF THE LINEUP.

PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME HOW NYLANDER PLAYED 15:19 WITH NAZEM KADRI OUT OF THE LINEUP.

EGOCOCK went from the reason we won when we weren't supposed to, to the reason we lose when we shouldn't. Im so sick of his stubbornness. Ive supported him for 3 years.

IM JUST SO SICK OF HIM (although, he gives great interviews, gotta go listen to the post game)

it's crazy.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
1.Marner 20:09
2.Hyman 20:08
3.Tavares 18:49
4.Kapanen 18:02
5.Matthews 16:52
6.Marleau 15:38
7.Johnsson 15:27
8.Nylander 15:19
9.Brown 14:06
10.Lindholm 9:06
11.Gauthier 7:41
12.Kadri 4:14

1.Rielly 22:01
2.Hainsey 21:00
3.Zaitsev 20:43

4.Gardiner 19:09
5.Muzzin 19:43
6.Dermott 17:12

lol.

p.s. lost the game by a goal.

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
There are a couple things I know from the main boards:

1) Babcock is an amazing coach.
2) Muzzin is the Leafs' best or (at worst) second best D.

Muzzin was 5th in ice-time among Leafs' D tonight, has played fewer minutes than Hainsey and Zaitsev in 3 of the last 4 games, and has been playing 3 fewer minutes a night with the Leafs than with LA.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
There are a couple things I know from the main boards:

1) Babcock is an amazing coach.
2) Muzzin is the Leafs' best or (at worst) second best D.

Muzzin was 5th in ice-time among Leafs' D tonight, has played fewer minutes than Hainsey and Zaitsev in 3 of the last 4 games, and has been playing 3 fewer minutes a night with the Leafs than with LA.
Babcock has a lot of weird quirks with ice time, but his misuse of muzzin is probably the worst. Dubas went to the trouble of finding him a top pairing dman without giving up a roster player, and Babcock won't use him because of handedness. It's embarrassing

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
No its not crazy, its gotten to the point where there is something mentally wrong with the man. He's so caught up with being a smart ass and wanting to prove that he's smarter than everyone, that he's just making a fool of himself and our team. I hope Dubas sees this.

He believes a set of myths from the Detroit days. They were not true then. They are not true now.

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
Babcock has a lot of weird quirks with ice time, but his misuse of muzzin is probably the worst. Dubas went to the trouble of finding him a top pairing dman without giving up a roster player, and Babcock won't use him because of handedness. It's embarrassing

Honestly, if I was Dubas I would have given an ultimatum to Shanny by now. This team will not win a round under Babcock. I actually think they are worse now then they were in 2016/17 (the team played a very strong pace in the second half that year).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad