How Confident Are You In Babcock?

How Confident Are You in Babcock? (Read)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
You think you know hockey better than Babcock? That sure explains a lot...LOL.

Lets compare resumes.

Mike Babcock resume:

• Olympic Gold Vancouver (2010)
  • Olympic Gold Sochi, Russia (2014).
  • World Championships Gold (2004)
  • World Junior Championships Gold (1997)
  • Presidents Trophy 2005-06
  • Presidents Trophy 2007-08
  • Stanley Cup champion 2007-08
  • Jack Adams finalist (twice)

Zeke's resume:
  • EA Sports NHL 2008 to present.
  • Dreams.
  • Tim Hortons - Roll Up The Rim To Win - Free Coffee - 2017
  • Lotto 6/49 - Free ticket winner 2018.
  • Rocking a mullet.

it's funny, at least.

but it also means you're out of arguments.

Reactions: stopclickbait

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
I like this new "I don't know anything about hockey but damn anyone who dares question Mike Babcock" line of argument for you. At least it's finally honest.

Never said I don't know anything, I said I don't watch TBL enough to give you an opinion on them.

RLF

May 5, 2014
The lightning don't "balance" their lines by sticking plugs on the top lines. Their top-2 lines have all 6 of their best forwards.

That's debatable, especially on the left side...kind of like the Leafs.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
who's job is it on tampa's top 2 lines to "do the grunt work"?

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?rep...ilter=gamesPlayed,gte,1&sort=timeOnIcePerGame

Look at that TOI distribution, that's how you f***ing play a stacked team. You don't see any f***ing Hymans or Marleaus in that top-6 TOI, do you? Their 6 best forwards play the most ice-time, simple as shit.

Now let's look at ours:

http://www.nhl.com/stats/player?rep...ilter=gamesPlayed,gte,1&sort=timeOnIcePerGame

Zach Hyman - 4th in TOI
Patrick Marleau - 5th in TOI
Kasperi Kapanen - 7th in TOI
William Nylander - 8th in TOI
Andreas Johnsson - 10th in TOI

HILARIOUS! The 2 worst forwards in the above group play the most ice-time. And Nylander - despite getting his game back and looking fantastic - STILL can't f***ing buy any ice-time despite being one of the team's best players both statistically and practically.

This whole idea of needing someone to do "grunt work" in the top-6 is completely stupid. Why can't we just do what Tampa, Washington, Pittsburgh, Winnipeg etc... do and just f***ing play our 6 best guys for the most time?

In fact, I would love to see Babcock attempt to coach Tampa. I guarantee the new group of Gud Pros in Killorn, Cirelli, Callahan, Pacquette would be leeching ice-time away from stars.

RLF

May 5, 2014

Look at that TOI distribution, that's how you ****ing play a stacked team. You don't see any ****ing Hymans or Marleaus in that top-6 TOI, do you? Their 6 best forwards play the most ice-time, simple as ****.

Now let's look at ours:

Zach Hyman - 4th in TOI

HILARIOUS! The 2 worst forwards in the above group play the most ice-time. And Nylander - despite getting his game back and looking fantastic - STILL can't ****ing buy any ice-time despite being one of the team's best players both statistically and practically.

This whole idea of needing someone to do "grunt work" in the top-6 is completely stupid. Why can't we just do what Tampa, Washington, Pittsburgh, Winnipeg etc... do and just ****ing play our 6 best guys for the most time?

In fact, I would love to see Babcock attempt to coach Tampa. I guarantee the new group of Gud Pros in Killorn, Cirelli, Callahan, Pacquette would be leeching ice-time away from stars.

Marleau is the one that really stands out to me. To be a little more accurate though if you are talking lines, it would be EVTOI. Which for the Leafs, doesn't change much. Although Nylander's is low due to hold out. Last year he was top 3.
What's your line combos?

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Marleau is the one that really stands out to me. To be a little more accurate though if you are talking lines, it would be EVTOI. Which for the Leafs, doesn't change much. Although Nylander's is low due to hold out. Last year he was top 3.
What's your line combos?

Nylander-Matthews-Kapanen
Johnsson-Tavares-Marner

Don't even care what the 3rd and 4th lines are. I'm actually quite stunned that Nylander has never been played at LW despite him looking terrific on it prior to coming to the NHL in conjunction with our weaknesses there.

Reactions: saffronleaf

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin

Look at that TOI distribution, that's how you ****ing play a stacked team. You don't see any ****ing Hymans or Marleaus in that top-6 TOI, do you? Their 6 best forwards play the most ice-time, simple as ****.

Now let's look at ours:

Zach Hyman - 4th in TOI

HILARIOUS! The 2 worst forwards in the above group play the most ice-time. And Nylander - despite getting his game back and looking fantastic - STILL can't ****ing buy any ice-time despite being one of the team's best players both statistically and practically.

This whole idea of needing someone to do "grunt work" in the top-6 is completely stupid. Why can't we just do what Tampa, Washington, Pittsburgh, Winnipeg etc... do and just ****ing play our 6 best guys for the most time?

If Babas was the coach of the Lightning I could see Killorn, Miller and Callahan all seeing a 2 min+ increase in ice time.

Last edited:

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

Now let's look at ours:

Zach Hyman - 4th in TOI

and what makes it so much more painful is....

a) when the going gets tough and we really need goals, babcock only increases the icetime of the grunts, and benches skill guys.
b) he won't ever even TRY another setup. not for a second.

KULEMINakajesus

Dec 8, 2010
I've always been a believer that Babcock likes to make the players work during the regular season. He never wants players to get an easy ride and start developing bad habits. If he doesn't fix the lines 10-15 games before playoffs then it's time to worry.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
I've always been a believer that Babcock likes to make the players work during the regular season. He never wants players to get an easy ride and start developing bad habits. If he doesn't fix the lines 10-15 games before playoffs then it's time to worry.
I doubt it. Nothing changed in the regular season and playoffs last year.

KobeBean143

VINO #24 #8 #2 MVP
Mar 13, 2015
and what makes it so much more painful is....

a) when the going gets tough and we really need goals, babcock only increases the icetime of the grunts, and benches skill guys.
b) he won't ever even TRY another setup. not for a second.

But but but.... his resume and look at the standings.
Guys a joke and this team wins in spite of the coach. We’re that talented.
He needs to go.

Reactions: weems and dsred

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Nylander-Matthews-Kapanen
Johnsson-Tavares-Marner

Don't even care what the 3rd and 4th lines are. I'm actually quite stunned that Nylander has never been played at LW despite him looking terrific on it prior to coming to the NHL in conjunction with our weaknesses there.

That's a perfect top 6. Third line should be Hyman Kadri Brown. Good checking line and shutdown line.

Reactions: Seath The Scaleless

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
You think you know hockey better than Babcock? That sure explains a lot...LOL.

Lets compare resumes.

Mike Babcock resume:

• Olympic Gold Vancouver (2010)
  • Olympic Gold Sochi, Russia (2014).
  • World Championships Gold (2004)
  • World Junior Championships Gold (1997)
  • Presidents Trophy 2005-06
  • Presidents Trophy 2007-08
  • Stanley Cup champion 2007-08
  • Jack Adams finalist (twice)

Zeke's resume:
  • EA Sports NHL 2008 to present.
  • Dreams.
  • Tim Hortons - Roll Up The Rim To Win - Free Coffee - 2017
  • Lotto 6/49 - Free ticket winner 2018.
  • Rocking a mullet.
So the last time Babsuck won anything of consequence was 5 years ago with a stacked team. Before that 9 years ago. Before that 11 years ago.

The game has passed him by. Admitting that is the first step to recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad