How Confident Are You In Babcock?

How Confident Are You in Babcock? (Read)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
I pretty much listen to all of Babcock pre/post/off day interviews, he is very informative and an intelligent guy he talks about everything, I'm just saying.

Babs thinks the majority of goals come from down low, (around the net area, grinding in the corners, behind the net, half walls) I think Leafs fans on here want him to play an (eye candy) scoring off the rush system and lineup. That's just not a winning type of system nowadays, it's old school and it's the fans and not Babcock who think like dinosaurs.
If only someone had that stat about percentage of goals score off the rush handy.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
If only someone had that stat about the percentage of goals score off the rush handy.

Babcock has analytics and video department, advisors, etc and 20 years of NHL coaching with him, If he says the majority of goals are not scored off the rush, it would be dumb not to believe him?

Reactions: DanM

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Babcock has analytics and video department, advisors, etc and 20 years of NHL coaching with him, If he says the majority of goals are not scored off the rush, it would be dumb not to believe him?
There are stats available that say otherwise but I don't know where to find them. They have been quoted here before.

Nice try, Mrs. Babcock.

baton elevated

One Man Gang
Jun 4, 2009
Leafs - on winning streak

*lose 1 game*

HF LEafs Nation has another melt down.

Get your heads outta your asses. Babcock is arguably the best coach Toronto's ever had and you people constantly cry about him. His system has him as the richest paid coach in the NHL..what do you do again? And thats not to be rude. What do you do again? None of you can sniff the minor leagues in coaching yet have all the answers.

I might come off as a *****e, but least you dont see me telling professional coaches what they should/shouldnt do.

Wonder if you guys go up to your doc with the same bravado.
Pat Burns was hands down the best coach........period.

Reactions: FabledKnight

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
We need to see Dermott play more minutes. Him getting ~13 minutes is way too low especially if we need him to play top 4 next year
There are so many guys playing too little on this roster. Johnsson has been one of the elite NHL 5 on 5 scorers since late November, yet he's stuck on the 3rd and 4th lines.
Dermott, Johnsson, Matthews badly need more TOI.

Reactions: Moonman

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
A lot of people argue the player composition argue from the angle of us not being big and tough enough. I myself don't see it, I think the Leafs win a decent amount of 50/50 puck battles but some people just expect us to win every puck battle, they're called "50/50" battles for a reason. In the defensive zone, it's not so much that our guys lose the battles on the boards, it's that they're never good with their positioning. And as far as our puck movement goes with the stretch passes, it can look like a complete mess at times.

Defensive zone play is not about perfection though. Now that Muzzin's here are he's made a few noticeable f***-ups, I think people are realizing that the grass isn't always greener on the side. Even the best make shameful mistakes. Adding Wayne Simmonds and Gudas won't have much of a noticeable effect on the team IMO, these types of guys will make their own mistakes as well and the toughness they allegedly should bring is overstated IMO.

The team composition is totally fine IMO. We have two elite #1C's, two elite #1RW's, a decent #1D and a decent #2D with the acquisition of Muzzin along with one of the best goalies in the league. We fit the bill totally fine, in fact, when we do a player-for-player comparison around the league, extremely few teams can match us, and we have a legit case for being the best team on paper. In sheer talent, the core is unquestionably elite and our supporting cast is most definitely above average. We are long past the days of having Kadri/Bozak as our top-6 C's and Phaneuf/Gunnarsson as our top pairing.

Last edited:

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Is Babcock perfect? No

One way to gauge a good coach is see how the younger players develop. So far The majority of our young players have developed quite nicely.

I believe he holds young guys back at times on purpose so they feel the need to continue to get better. Although some people get frustrated by this, in the end I think it’s the best way to develop for lack of a better term “Gud Pros”

There really isn’t a reason to think he can’t be trusted, as this team continue to get better.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Is Babcock perfect? No

One way to gauge a good coach is see how the younger players develop. So far The majority of our young players have developed quite nicely.

I believe he holds young guys back at times on purpose so they feel the need to continue to get better. Although some people get frustrated by this, in the end I think it’s the best way to develop for lack of a better term “Gud Pros”

There really isn’t a reason to think he can’t be trusted, as this team continue to get better.

It's how we know Randy Carlyle is a good coach.

Reactions: WilliamNylander

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Leafs - on winning streak

*lose 1 game*

HF LEafs Nation has another melt down.

Get your heads outta your asses. Babcock is arguably the best coach Toronto's ever had and you people constantly cry about him. His system has him as the richest paid coach in the NHL..what do you do again? And thats not to be rude. What do you do again? None of you can sniff the minor leagues in coaching yet have all the answers.

I might come off as a *****e, but least you dont see me telling professional coaches what they should/shouldnt do.

Wonder if you guys go up to your doc with the same bravado.
Hyman, shouldn't you be getting ready for the game ?

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->