How concerning is it with the Leafs giving up the first goal of the game?

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I know there is the post game thread happening however I think this deserves it's own topic, so I hope the moderators please don't move it. Anyway in the first two regular season games the Leafs have allowed the first goal of the game. Now if you look back at the preseason in those 6 of those 8 games they allowed the first goal, so if this bad trend continues tomorrow night when is it times to worry about it?

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I generally don't put too much stock into preseason (both the good and bad) and it's very early in the regular season. They won the game in which they were outshot, and lost the game where they had the shot advantage. It's great to score first, but all that might guarantee sometimes is a good start. Wouldn't worry yet.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
I know there is the post game thread happening however I think this deserves it's own topic, so I hope the moderators please don't move it. Anyway in the first two regular season games the Leafs have allowed the first goal of the game. Now if you look back at the preseason in those 6 of those 8 games they allowed the first goal, so if this bad trend continues tomorrow night when is it times to worry about it?

The preseason is meaningless so you are worrying over two games. Relax.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
The preseason is meaningless so you are worrying over two games. Relax.
Normally I would agree because the preseason is just nothing more than games which don't count in the standings. However seeing as they gave up the first goal in 6/8 preseason games and two times already in the regular season, it's something they need to stop doing.

Darth Menace

Apr 14, 2016
Seriously, we shouldn't get out worked by two of the worst teams in the league. I don't care about first goal or not, but overall in the game we were out-hustled.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I'm more worried about us getting outworked so much in the first two games.

Seriously, we shouldn't get out worked by two of the worst teams in the league. I don't care about first goal or not, but overall in the game we were out-hustled.
Against Montreal they got outworked. However against Ottawa they had a lot more chances early on and Ottawa got a lucky goal in the 1st period. Than the Leafs only held the lead for 2:39 in the 2nd period.

Reactions: LeafGrief

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->