How come tickets can be bought at a so low price at Staples?

kingsfansince1967

Oct 23, 2006
Montreal
I'm enquiring here for some light from LAK fans on this board that know more about this than me...

My wife and I have just come back from a week in LA (Santa Monica to be precise). Attending the two theme games last week (Calgary and Phoenix) and as a Montrealer (but don't be mistaken I am an LAK fan since their debut 1967...) I was stunned to get great tickets (9th and 11th row behind the LAK bench) for so cheap (less than 50 dollars). In Montreal, one would be very fortunate to get tickets at their face value, usually you have to expect 3 to 4 times the face value even at the beginning of a season. Can someone please shed some light on this, I have Habs fans waiting for the answer and do not want to be nagged at... :sarcasm:

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
Did you see the teams you went to? Did you see the days they played?

Nuff' said.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Wow, at the ACC I occasionally get tickets 3 rows from the rafters for $50+

Thrice

To Be Everywhere...
Sep 27, 2007
The demand is incredibly soft in the first half of the season, in general. Factor in that neither Calgary nor Phoenix have any semblance of a fan base in the area and you've got a buyers market. As a season ticket holder in the 300s, I expect there will be a number of games where I can't even give my tickets away. It's the nature of the hockey in the Los Angeles area and I'm perfectly ok with that.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
That has a simple explanation, they are gonna suck, will probably be lucky to be .500.

I will be interested in seeing what the ticket demand and tv ratings are for the Lakers this season. I had always thought that the Lakers were the one team in SoCal that was bandwagon proof, just because they are such a part of LA, especially when it comes to the trendy factor. I am a bit surprised to be hearing that tickets are much cheaper than in years past on the secondary market.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
I will be interested in seeing what the ticket demand and tv ratings are for the Lakers this season. I had always thought that the Lakers were the one team in SoCal that was bandwagon proof, just because they are such a part of LA, especially when it comes to the trendy factor. I am a bit surprised to be hearing that tickets are much cheaper than in years past on the secondary market.

It will be interesting how much this affects TWC with that gigantic contract they gave the Lakers. If they go through a sustained period of non-playoff play (3-4 yrs), they could be in for a hurting financially.

The Slap Shop

Shop Like a King
Dec 23, 2002
Visit site
There's a lot of driving factors. We're at a full season of 41 games at home. That leaves a lot of people trying to ditch seats, especially scalpers who probably made a mint on a post Stanley Cup 24 game home schedule.

Honestly the chance you're going to sell a high value ticket to see Edmonton on a Sunday night or Calgary on a Monday is low. No interest early in the year between the Lakers season about to start and the Dodgers season just ending a couple days ago.

Late in the season the ticket prices will gradually go up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad