How come no one has been fired?

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
The cost to the organization (fans dis-interest) is MUCH bigger if they waste the talent on the team and keep the coaching staff intact and do not find a adequate replacement...

what talent? who's great on this team? who is the next sid or ovi? jvr, patrick, tk? you are seriously out of touch if you think this roster will win anything,

no1b4me

Sep 17, 2007
Not taking a shot at you, but people really need to look up the history of coach of the year and see how fast a lot of them burned out and did so quickly. It’s an arbitrary award. Bill Barber was fired the year after winning it and it was absolutely the right call, and the franchise took a brutal amount of heat for it.

No, I get you. I just see the roster hasn't changed much since they were playing good all under the same coach so put a lot on the players more than anything. Swapping out the coach won't change much with this team. And who would they replace him with anyway?

Reactions: tucson83

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
What is it with the last two GMs and their refusals to cut ties with a head coach that’s clearly a problem. I’m not absolving the players from blame. They deserve their fair share too but damn

when you are blaming the coach, you are making excuses for the players. the players arent good enough the sooner you realize it the better we will be. the more you deny it, the same place we will be for the next 10 years of unstopping of merry go around of changing coaches. talent wins plain and simple, this team isnt talented, time to accept that.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
when you are blaming the coach, you are making excuses for the players. the players arent good enough the sooner you realize it the better we will be. the more you deny it, the same place we will be for the next 10 years of unstopping of merry go around of changing coaches. talent wins plain and simple, this team isnt talented, time to accept that.

Change all the players and keep the coaches and the result is identical.

Plugging new players into a bad system still results in a bad system.

WolfOfBroadStreet14

Aug 15, 2020
The players aren’t good enough. I completely agree, but that doesn’t mean the coach isn’t a problem. New York Islanders have a worse team on paper, but they are much better than us. Why is that? Coaching.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
It will be a major shift post covid and expansion. Do a major investment in coaching and development from the ahl on up. We had seasoned pros to get us through an unprecedented time period but a fresh restart after the season can bring anew mindset

no1b4me

Sep 17, 2007
Change all the players and keep the coaches and the result is identical.

Plugging new players into a bad system still results in a bad system.

They aren't playing a system though. Watch games pre covid pause when they were winning and now. Right now they are just skating all over the map.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
what talent? who's great on this team? who is the next sid or ovi? jvr, patrick, tk? you are seriously out of touch if you think this roster will win anything,

That's been a legitimate concern of mine for years now with the kids coming up and the draft picks in general.

I don't see any game-breaking elite talent in the lineup. I see some mediocre talent, some good, some decent, and a few excellent pieces-in-the-making. But nothing elite.

And that is supremely frustrating because those guys don't grow on trees. We blew it with Patrick at #2 (he might end up excellent but never elite) and Provy is no Hedman / Doughty / Pietrangelo type.

Jury is seriously out on Hart, as it should be. He's only 22 playing the most unforgiving position in hockey. He's the only one I would say has the potential to be elite on this roster.

Sigh.

Reactions: Lurch

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Because Mike Yeo will be let go at the end of the year and the organization will say that is a huge shift. Then we will start 3-9-3 next year and fire everyone.... putting us behind the 8 ball once again in the hiring process for a coach.

Nail on the head here. Next year first half will be lost. Things will then click and they will just make it and win a round or two. Same as it ever was.

I thought AV would be good or at least better but I was concerned to hear such voluntary criticism for him from Ranger fans. The other two suck we know they suck. God knows how Lappy still has a job here.

They won’t fire anyone this year unless April is another March and they will have no choice.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
They won’t fire anyone this year unless April is another March and they will have no choice.

They just lost 6-1 to the Buffalo Sabres, ffs. They absolutely should have lost 2 in a row to the Sabres.

I can't see April getting any better. Just look at the product on the ice. It's not like they look good but aren't getting results. It just looks AHL-level in all aspects of their game - special teams, passing, goaltending, team defense, actual defense, healthy scratch carousel.

They've given up.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Be prepared fells, if the cock a roach survives last night, he is here to stay.

So now it's time to pick your poison, one of these groups is gone this summer.
Group A - G, Couts, Jake, JVR, Raffl, Laughton
Group B - All the kids including Hart

This team is going to be torn apart to appease AV

Stop caring. It's the only way.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
They just lost 6-1 to the Buffalo Sabres, ffs. They absolutely should have lost 2 in a row to the Sabres.

I can't see April getting any better. Just look at the product on the ice. It's not like they look good but aren't getting results. It just looks AHL-level in all aspects of their game - special teams, passing, goaltending, team defense, actual defense, healthy scratch carousel.

They've given up.

100%. They have completely given up. But I still don’t think they will fire anyone like they should. Only thing that makes me think April will be an improvement is March was historically bad.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

They've given up.

The Phantoms would demolish the Flyers right now.

I think ECHL might be a more accurate description of their game.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Boomer blaming this on Covid on NHL radio. Hes not wrong that it had a role in that people got sick, they were unable to practice, and are playing a lot of games in a row. But it’s one factor of many imo.

Reactions: hmc1987

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
We play 5 times next week. 3x vs Boston. Boston plays 5 games next week. Even with how horrible this year has been, they could be a playoff team in a week. Crazy. Hart is the xfactor here. If he comes out hot which is very possible he could cover a lot up. Hart and Couts could get us into the playoffs alone.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
They are not firing AV no matter what. The corporation isn’t going to eat $15 million under these circumstances to get him out of here. Maybe 1 or even 2 assistant coaches will be the sacrificial lambs but that’s about it. The only likely outcome even for this offseason is Fletcher gets taken to the cleaners in a trade for a vet defenseman to play with Provorov. They don’t have much capspace to do anything else.

Next year will be more of the same. I wonder if Giroux or Couturier will resign in the offseason.

Reactions: hmc1987

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton

It's about development and moving towards the right direction.

Destroying Hart, Konency, Provorov, etc by having an inept coach will not help the organzation at all and will hurt the future as well...it's about starting to take steps in the right direction.

A scorched earth approach by trading the entire roster will not help any nor will retaining the current coaching staff and worrying about a few dollars...it's about looking at the bigger picture.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad