How come no one has been fired?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Because they don't have to worry about ticket sales so there is no financial pressure. You think Chuck Fletcher and AV give a shit about the Flyers brand and legacy? They are hear to get paid and cushion their nest egg for as long as they can get away with it.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Because they don't have to worry about ticket sales so there is no financial pressure. You think Chuck Fletcher and AV give a shit about the Flyers brand and legacy? They are hear to get paid and cushion their nest egg for as long as they can get away with it.
I mean, I don’t agree with this. I think they care, they just aren’t good at their jobs. There is a difference there lol.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Delete this trash double post

Reactions: Beef Invictus

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton

If the GM had any sense, he would see how the Flyers are getting embarassed each night. Like some GM's used to do, Chuck should fire the entire coaching staff except 1 assistant coach and then go behind the bench for the rest of the year and figure out which players are not needed anymore and make those moves in the off-season accordingly and fix the actual mess.

Chuck needs to get into the trenches if he wants to actually fix this mess.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
If the GM had any sense, he would see how badly the Flyers are getting hammered. Like some GM's used to do, Chuck should fire the entire coaching staff except 1 assistant coach and then go behind the bench for the resto of the year and figure out which players are not needed anymore and make those moves in the off-season accordingly and fix the actual mess.

Chuck needs to get into the trenches if he wants to actually fix this mess.

And be around all of that salty language, loud noises, and spitting? Charles would never.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
What indication have they given you that they care?
It’s an unfalsifiable declaration. Things via executive management work much different from the way fans believe. There is a process. I’m not defending the two morons but to state absolutely like they don’t care isn’t the way I would go either.

Reactions: macleish1974

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
This has to be the most embarassing team they have iced, even in the early 90's the team (pre-Lindros) may not have had much talent and lost but at least they still had a snarl.

Why has no one been fired?

they are not going to fire av and hire another high profile coach, if they fire av, it's probably going to be scott gordon or lappy until his contract runs out because of money owed to av, which that's not a good option. you have to deal with it and fix the roster, no other way.

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
they are not going to fire av and hire another high profile coach, if they fire av, it's probably going to be scott gordon or lappy until his contract runs out because of money owed to av, which that's not a good option. you have to deal with it and fix the roster, no other way.
I'm all for a trade if one can happen.

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton
they are not going to fire av and hire another high profile coach, if they fire av, it's probably going to be scott gordon or lappy until his contract runs out, which that's not a good option. you have to deal with it and fix the roster, no other way.

After missing out Trotz they should should go eye Gallant, trading Raffl and Prosser in the off-season isn't going to help this club...

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
After missing out Trotz they should should go eye Gallant, trading Raffl and Prosser in the off-season isn't going to help this club...

they cant get gallant and pay av, they have a budget for coaches too, if they fire av, they have to get a cheap assistant coach. they are going to do more than trade raffl and prosser.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
“trading prosser”

Prosser is a guy you play when you sell off and don’t want to throw young players into the fire. Nobody is taking him on purpose.

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton
they cant get gallant and pay av, they have a budget for coaches too, if they fire av, they have to get a cheap assistant coach. they are going to do more than trade raffl and prosser.

The cost to the organization (fans dis-interest) is MUCH bigger if they waste the talent on the team and keep the coaching staff intact and do not find a adequate replacement...

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
A lot of this. But really AV was up for COTY last year so I don't see him getting fired. I do see the other dipsticks fired. Yeo, Therrien and Lappy all need to go.
Not taking a shot at you, but people really need to look up the history of coach of the year and see how fast a lot of them burned out and did so quickly. It’s an arbitrary award. Bill Barber was fired the year after winning it and it was absolutely the right call, and the franchise took a brutal amount of heat for it.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Be prepared fells, if the cock a roach survives last night, he is here to stay.

So now it's time to pick your poison, one of these groups is gone this summer.
Group A - G, Couts, Jake, JVR, Raffl, Laughton
Group B - All the kids including Hart

This team is going to be torn apart to appease AV

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Even with all this embarrassing shit, I think they wait till the offseason to fire them. While Gordon can come up and be the head coach, doing a wholesale replacement of coaching during this pandemic and with segregated divisions makes it harder to really get the person you want. Which is why I see they Flyers starting anew after this season is over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad