How come MA Fleury aint at the WJC camp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowsdower

Jan 13, 2003
Arizona Bay
Visit site
theredmile said:
okay so everyone realizes Fleury is too old to play in the World Juniors right :dunno:

Bah, Canada obviously lowered the age participation level to avoid the burden of another tourny with Maffy.....

BTW, Fleury won the goaltender award in the '03 WJC, leading his team to the Gold medal round, and then losing to the Russians.

http://www.canadianhockey.ca/e/teams/mens/junior/2003/news/fea068.html

....also says he was a fan favorite. It's amazing how one blunder can make so many people turn on the guy.

bopeep said:
So who was it, Burns or Fleury's fault? Both or neither?

They were both at fault, as was the rest of the team. The team had a poor third period. Canada was leading the U.S. 3-1 going into the third period. You can simply not blame one individual on that team for blowing a lead like that.

If Canada came from behind to tie it up in the third and then the mistake happened.....ok maybe you are onto something. But to insinuate Fleury was the only person responsible for that loss is to be in denial.

Last edited:

Mountain Dude

Because he sucks and we wouldn't want him back even if he could come back.

Rowsdower

Jan 13, 2003
Arizona Bay
Visit site
Mountain Dude said:
Because he sucks and we wouldn't want him back even if he could come back.

Well I'd like to think most fans, though disappointed, could come to terms with a group of teenagers blowing an international game for their country almost a year ago....but you obviously don't fall into that category. Methinks it's time to move on.

But as I said good luck with your new tenders, and we will see how Maffy pans out in the NHL. Perhaps Canada will win this year and you can attach yourself to a win you had absoutely no part of to gain some form of self worth...the boys obviously failed a lot of you guys on that last time around.

Sixty Six

Feb 28, 2003
Pittsburgh, PA
Visit site
Even though I'm from the US and almost always root for Canada in international competitions, i'd love nothing more than your goaltenders to get lit up so you guys will quit worrying abou LAST YEAR, and move on to your goalies that are playing THIS YEAR

Rowsdower

Jan 13, 2003
Arizona Bay
Visit site
Herb_Brooks said:
Even though I'm from the US and almost always root for Canada in international competitions, i'd love nothing more than your goaltenders to get lit up so you guys will quit worrying abou LAST YEAR, and move on to your goalies that are playing THIS YEAR

Hell, I hope they get lit up by Switzerland! That would be high quality ****.

DRL

Mar 2, 2003
Brampton, Ontario
Hemsky83 said:
Fleury was born November 1984 and Horton was born November 1985. The deadline for that draft the previous year was September 15, 1984 and Fleury's birthday was in November. That's why he had to be drafted the following season.

so they changed the deadline the following year to include Horton's birthdate of novemeber or is it december now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad