How Come Colorado Isn't More Popular For Hockey?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Denver has never struck me as a fairweather sports city.
Besides Broncos, it is total bandwagon central and then add in a huge portion of transplants from Chicago, California, Texas, Minnesota, and Detroit, you get a huge amount of Cub fans at Rockies games and Blackhawk fans at Avs games. Wouldn't say Rockies are popular over the Avs or Nuggets, they have no competition in the summer. Broncos are more fortunate because there are zero NFL teams around the island of Colorado, so people just gravitate towards the Broncos. You might know and have seen this, but there are an absurd amount of Bronco fans in Vegas than perhaps even 49ers (which the city is closer too). Of course this is before the Raiders said they were moving the franchise to Las Vegas.

Last edited:

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Besides Broncos, it is total bandwagon central and then add in a huge portion of transplants from Chicago, California, Texas, Minnesota, and Detroit, you get a huge amount of Cub fans at Rockies games and Blackhawk fans at Avs games. Wouldn't say Rockies are popular over the Avs or Nuggets, they have no competition in the summer. Broncos are more fortunate because there are zero NFL teams around the island of Colorado, so people just gravitate towards the Broncos. You might know and have seen this, but there are an absurd amount of Bronco fans in Vegas than perhaps even 49ers (which the city is closer too). Of course this is before the Raiders said they were moving the franchise to Las Vegas.

Vegas is close to SD no? Since were talking about before the most recent relocations.

But yea, Broncos essentially have that whole area to feed off of - Idaho, Wyoming, Utah etc.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Vegas is close to SD no? Since were talking about before the most recent relocations.

But yea, Broncos essentially have that whole area to feed off of - Idaho, Wyoming, Utah etc.
I am not a throwball fan in the slightest, but I remember seeing San Diego Charger stadium get overrun by 49er, Cowboy, and Bronco fans whenever they played them (49ers are easily the most common fan in California I believe). Chargers have got to have one of the smallest fanbases in the entire NFL.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I am not a throwball fan in the slightest, but I remember seeing San Diego Charger stadium get overrun by 49er, Cowboy, and Bronco fans whenever they played them (49ers are easily the most common fan in California I believe). Chargers have got to have one of the smallest fanbases in the entire NFL.
Pretty common with the Cardinals too. Mainly Cowboys, but there’s a big Bronco presense there too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad