How Close in Talent Will Team USA be to Team Canada at Next International Meeting With NHLERS?

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Big 5 are very equal... Canada is always a slight favorite but the gap is smaller than ever and anyone of the Big 5 could win an NHL participated best on best. It'd come down to luck, a hot goalie and a hot shooter. The fact Canada's C team is better than everyone else's C team is irrelevant. I'll see myself out.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Big 5 are very equal... Canada is always a slight favorite but the gap is smaller than ever and anyone of the Big 5 could win an NHL participated best on best. It'd come down to luck, a hot goalie and a hot shooter. The fact Canada's C team is better than everyone else's C team is irrelevant. I'll see myself out.

BUT, you simply don't want to face:

Nathan MacKinnon - Sidney Kidney - Connor McDavid (takes six Hampus Lindholms and we only have two)

PS. I have nightmares from Brad Marchand alone...Patrick Kane or Ovie you can handle...

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
BUT, you simply don't want to face:

Nathan MacKinnon - Sidney Kidney - Connor McDavid (takes six Hampus Lindholms and we only have two)

PS. I have nightmares from Brad Marchand alone...Patrick Kane or Ovie you can handle...
As a Czech fan.. I don't want to face any of them.lol

canuck2010

Dec 21, 2010
In a short tournament a number of teams can play well enough that they are care capable of winning. Doesn't mean that they re the best. A one game and you're out can offer up a lot of surprises. Lose in the 1/4 finals and all of a sudden you're fifth (? lol).

westvandal

Sep 18, 2008
Canada's forwards are ridiculous. There are two teams worth of forwards that have a realistic shot at making preliminary camp. Their D has regressed a little, and no upcoming goalies in the system do not make Team Canada a shoe in though...

But those forwards though, obviously NOT in any order but man this HAS to be the best forwards Canada has ever iced. What do you guys think? if the Olympics started today what would be your team lines? I'm sure i'm STILL missing guys...
and so many excellent players won't make it...
I included the D as well.

C MacKinnon
C McDavid
C Schiefele
C Crosby
C O'Reilly
C Tavares
C Barzal
C Toews
C Bergeron
C Couturier
C Point