How can you compare Plekanec with Bergeron ?

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
And where did the Czech finish in that tournament compared to the Canadian team?

The Canadian team was/is MUCH, MUCH deeper then the Czech team

Again...it's really not my intention to blast Plekanec because I don't think he deserves it

But many of you have put him on a pedestal which I don't think is warranted

pretty sure the Czech wouldnt have done much better with Bergeron as their #1 C...

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Saying he's not an impactful player is just saying it like it is...

Bergeron impacts the game in all 3 zones

I realize that that Plekanec is an important player to the Habs, he's their most complete player and he's pretty much Mr. Do-it-all for the habs

That's complete BS. You can't say Bergeron impacts the game in all 3 zones then turn around and say Plekanec is not an impactful player.

He scores goals, sets up goals, wins faceoffs, plays against top lines, PP and PK. Usually all without all-star linemates.

Plekanec's biggest problem is he doesn't have a Lucic-Krejci-Horton line to play an offensive role and allow him to not get crapped on if he isn't dominating at both ends. The first 6 games of the Toronto series Bergeron was -1 with ONE point....but because of the Krejci line dominance they still had a game 7 instead of being golfing...THAT is the difference.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
That's complete BS. You can't say Bergeron impacts the game in all 3 zones then turn around and say Plekanec is not an impactful player.

He scores goals, sets up goals, wins faceoffs, plays against top lines, PP and PK. Usually all without all-star linemates.

Plekanec's biggest problem is he doesn't have a Lucic-Krejci-Horton line to play an offensive role and allow him to not get crapped on if he isn't dominating at both ends. The first 6 games of the Toronto series Bergeron was -1 with ONE point....but because of the Krejci line dominance they still had a game 7 instead of being golfing...THAT is the difference.

Plekanec is average at best on faceoffs...and I can't recall the last time he won a faceoff that was crucial

Plekanec does a lot of things well, faceoffs isn't one of them.

Furthermore, Plekanec has played with some of the Habs best players over the year, but agreed, he has also played with some plugs and to his credit he's held his own quite well. But he would benefit from having a dominant #1 center playing above him. That's certainly not his fault...

Lafontaine

May 6, 2002
Visit site
Like Krejci? Difference is Krejci has mad playmaking skills/offensive vision. Plekanec is good and all but he's barely a 2nd line center when it comes to offensive skills. He is a 60 pts player that doesn't really make players around him better. Plus I actually think Krejci is less soft than Pleky (and that's saying a lot).

Krejci had to be paired with Horton and Lucic and still didn't go to the dirty areas so imagine Plekanec...

Just... wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad