How can we ever have a SCF tourney in Nashville?

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Just watching This Week with Bob Mueller on channel 2, and they were interviewing a CMA board member. It suddenly struck me - how would we ever be able to facilitate the CMA festival AND home games? It will be a nice problem to have, but I can't imagine what they would do. Offer free parking in the Antioch rink area and shuttle us to the Arena maybe?

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
That little thing called the AMP that everyone is so afraid of would also help too. But, we must abide by our overlords in Belle Meade and West End.

Not really. It wouldn't be doing anything the Express route buses do not already do, except it would be in sync with the traffic lights. Oh yeah that's right, it does take away 2 lanes of traffic on each street it's on so it makes it more congested. I do not see how that helps daily issues. Working downtown, this just looks to be a nightmare in the making.

But back on topic, I would be willing to bet that in the event that the Predators made the SCF and it was at the same time as CMA, the city might convince the state to open some of its lots for parking if need be, then shuttle people to Broadway.

The thing is there is plenty of parking downtown, just convincing whoever "owns" the parking to allow others to use it is the hard part. Some of the businesses that have garages but don't normally allow the public to park in them may be willing to open their garages up in a situation like this.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Not really. It wouldn't be doing anything the Express route buses do not already do, except it would be in sync with the traffic lights. Oh yeah that's right, it does take away 2 lanes of traffic on each street it's on so it makes it more congested. I do not see how that helps daily issues. Working downtown, this just looks to be a nightmare in the making.

But back on topic, I would be willing to bet that in the event that the Predators made the SCF and it was at the same time as CMA, the city might convince the state to open some of its lots for parking if need be, then shuttle people to Broadway.

The thing is there is plenty of parking downtown, just convincing whoever "owns" the parking to allow others to use it is the hard part. Some of the businesses that have garages but don't normally allow the public to park in them may be willing to open their garages up in a situation like this.

Great point on the private parking...hopefully the businesses would do that for sure (recognizing what a boon to business in Nashville having both events happening would mean).

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Great point on the private parking...hopefully the businesses would do that for sure (recognizing what a boon to business in Nashville having both events happening would mean).

People do not realize how much parking the state has downtown. Think about how many state employees work downtown. The state provides all of them parking. If the game is a 7PM game, one would think employee lots should essentially be 99% empty. I do realize alot take public transit, but alot do not.

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
Don't forget the new Sulphur Dell stadium in a few years.

One thing's for sure: the Preds would have a great selection of National Anthem singers. (Or did someone say that already?)

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
I wonder about hotels. A lot of these downtown hotels are booked a year in advance so how would a team and officials get a hotel? And where would all the media stay? I think the Preds should have a deal with a hotel that they hold however many rooms a team would need and then if it looks like the Preds won't make the finals the hotel releases the rooms.

Just getting around town would be a nightmare, with so many streets closed. The bars would be hard to get into, I assume.

One thing's for sure: the Preds would have a great selection of National Anthem singers. (Or did someone say that already?)
No kidding, and not someone on their first record deal that only a few people know from some TV singing competition, but the big names. And get some other ones to sing at intermission!

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I'm guessing Mr. Gill and Mrs. Underwood would be right at the top of the list. I'm actually betting they would have a hell of a time choosing tbh.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Almost happened 2 years ago. Building wise the nhl takes precedence.

Yeah, this guy is right. One of my good girlfriends used to work at CMT and was responsible for a lot of the scheduling / prep work for the CMAs and other events. She used to call me every April for an estimate of how far I thought we'd go in the playoffs; the uncertainty was a huge issue for them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad