How can i get Crosby's autograph in Halifax ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Wiz

Apr 6, 2003
nova scotia
Visit site
So i'm going to the ReMax Challenge game this Thursday in Halifax.

Any tips on how i can get Crosby's autograph and maybe my picture taken with him ?

At the Halifax Metro Centre, which door do the players go in before the game ???

Is it the same door they come out of ? The one across the street from the Cheers bar ? (That's where i got Spezza, Boumeester, Nash, Weiss, Upshall's autograph after the World Junior practices this summer!)

I've heard Crosby is REALLY good about signing autographs, much like Gretzky in that way.

Any other helpful tips would be greatly appreciated !

The_Wiz

Apr 6, 2003
nova scotia
Visit site
What street is "the door the lower level popcorn cooking staff go in" on ???

The HMC is built into the side of the hill. Is that door at the top of the hill ? Bottom of the hill ? Side door ?

What's across the street from it ?

Do you mean the side door across the street from the Cheers entrance to the Liquor Dome ?

PS after his first game vs. the moose, Crosby sat in the stands for 2 hours and signed everything that everyone wanted signed. That was in the CH newspaper.

GB

Mar 6, 2002
UK
leafssuck said:
Whoa Whoa Whoa! The kid is 16; no way should his signing talents be compared to Gretzky. I want to see him in at least a crowd of AHL fans before we go crazy here.
:lol: That's a classic

The_Wiz

Apr 6, 2003
nova scotia
Visit site
Hey thanks :)

Yes, that's the door i caught the Canadian World Junior team coming out of during the summertime.

So that must be the door !

Thanks for the reaffirmation !

:)

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
CARMICHAEL Street!!

The Metro Center is flanked by 3 streets, the other side is the World Trade and Convention Center.

The 2 streets are:

Brunswick -- The part with citadel hill, town clock.
Duke -- Across from scotia square parkade.
Carmichael

PEli*

jeffshaf said:
BRO HE'S ONLY 16!!!!!!! the kid is my age, I understand he's good and all but what happens if he has a injury that will force him never to play hockey again?

Then he'll have spent a week's worth of beer money on an autograph...

Who else is going to the game tomorrow? I'll be there.

The_Wiz

Apr 6, 2003
nova scotia
Visit site
sundinfan13 said:
For anyone who wants an autograph, just send a letter to the Oceanic. One month after I sent it, I was pleased to find two autographed cards.

Wow, that's brilliant ! I never thought of that ! Cool, i'll do that too ! :)

I'm hoping to get my picture taken with him too ! :)

If he's a jerk about giving me an autograph or a picture, then i'm gonna chuck the knuckles with him ! ;) lol I mean, how tough can a hockey team full of Q All Stars really be ? Hey, the players on the other Q teams might even help me ! lol Increases their chances of playoff success right? ;) lol

I'll keep ya posted :)

EquabaleAce

Nov 8, 2003
Calgary
PEli said:
Then he'll have spent a week's worth of beer money on an autograph...

Who else is going to the game tomorrow? I'll be there.

i will
i got seats in section 12 above where the moose come out

The_Wiz

Apr 6, 2003
nova scotia
Visit site
Sidney let down his own hometown fans ! :(

Well here's what happened on my Sidney Crosby autograph hunt !!! :(

On his way off the ice, Crosby said to us he'll sign for us all afterwards, outside, but he had to do interviews first. So i was like "cool, this is great !" :)

I waited for 45 mins. along with about 40 other people to get Sidney's autograph and he didn't come out and sign for anyone !!!! I was pretty pissed !

I mean the guy is from Cole Harbour, N.S., and the game was in Halifax, N.S., about a 20 minute drive away from where he grew up ! And he didn't even come out to sign for all the people that have known him all those years growing up !!!! Probably 25% were little kids, and they were heartbroken :(

I was talking to some people waiting them for him that are his age and grew up and went to school with him, and their parents who knew his parents. They all said family and religion are tied for #1 in Crosby's family. Schoolwork is #2. Hockey #3. He's not even allowed to have a girlfriend ! lol They said Sidney's so polite, nice, sweet, and wonderful. They said he'll sign as many things as you want. He'll let you take as many pics of you and him together as you want ! So i got all excited and happy ! :)

After we had already waited for like 30 minutes, security and other canadian players told us Sidney was doing interviews and that he's be out in 15 mins to sign for us. So we waited. Then they came out and said that al the hockey players were gone. They said Sidney left through another door, NOT the normal Carmichael St. staff and security entrance/exit they normally go through!

What's up with that ??? Grrrrrrrr !!!! :(

A ton of other players came out and signed ! Almost the whole russian came out and signed, or at least walked by and made themselves available if we wanted to get their autographs. Probably 10 Canadian players came out and signed. I got Steve Bernier and Stephen Dixon's autograph.

However, i did take about 15 PICS of sidney crosby ! I went directly right behind the bench during the 2nd period. He was about 4 to 10 feet away from me when i took the pics. The only thing between us was the plexi glass.

I can't wait to get them developed. If any of them turnout really well maybe i'll get them scanned and post them or something, if anyone is interested.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
The_Wiz said:
Well here's what happened on my Sidney Crosby autograph hunt !!! :(

On his way off the ice, Crosby said to us he'll sign for us all afterwards, outside, but he had to do interviews first. So i was like "cool, this is great !" :)

I waited for 45 mins. along with about 40 other people to get Sidney's autograph and he didn't come out and sign for anyone !!!! I was pretty pissed !

I mean the guy is from Cole Harbour, N.S., and the game was in Halifax, N.S., about a 20 minute drive away from where he grew up ! And he didn't even come out to sign for all the people that have known him all those years growing up !!!! Probably 25% were little kids, and they were heartbroken :(

I was talking to some people waiting them for him that are his age and grew up and went to school with him, and their parents who knew his parents. They all said family and religion are tied for #1 in Crosby's family. Schoolwork is #2. Hockey #3. He's not even allowed to have a girlfriend ! lol They said Sidney's so polite, nice, sweet, and wonderful. They said he'll sign as many things as you want. He'll let you take as many pics of you and him together as you want ! So i got all excited and happy ! :)

After we had already waited for like 30 minutes, security and other canadian players told us Sidney was doing interviews and that he's be out in 15 mins to sign for us. So we waited. Then they came out and said that al the hockey players were gone. They said Sidney left through another door, NOT the normal Carmichael St. staff and security entrance/exit they normally go through!

What's up with that ??? Grrrrrrrr !!!! :(

A ton of other players came out and signed ! Almost the whole russian came out and signed, or at least walked by and made themselves available if we wanted to get their autographs. Probably 10 Canadian players came out and signed. I got Steve Bernier and Stephen Dixon's autograph.

However, i did take about 15 PICS of sidney crosby ! I went directly right behind the bench during the 2nd period. He was about 4 to 10 feet away from me when i took the pics. The only thing between us was the plexi glass.

I can't wait to get them developed. If any of them turnout really well maybe i'll get them scanned and post them or something, if anyone is interested.

Thing is Crosby had a charter flight that he was making and had a car waiting for him outback. He had to do a huge press confrence after the entire thing which no other player except Maxime Talbot did as well but Crosby gets swarmed for about half and hour with the media, then he had to get ready and so on, by that time it was really late and he had a plan to catch. Sometimes things like this are understandable on why he couldn't make it out and sign.

gb701

Feb 21, 2003
Visit site
moosefan said:
Thing is Crosby had a charter flight that he was making and had a car waiting for him outback. He had to do a huge press confrence after the entire thing which no other player except Maxime Talbot did as well but Crosby gets swarmed for about half and hour with the media, then he had to get ready and so on, by that time it was really late and he had a plan to catch. Sometimes things like this are understandable on why he couldn't make it out and sign.

Interesting, and sad, to see the "star" syndrome start before he has actually done anything.

Gretz, on the other hand, despite far more "swarms", found time before and after every event over the past several days to find - find - the kids who were looking for autographs. But of course, he would not have had to worry about the many pressures on Crosby's mind.

The only thing that people had to wait for was that Gretz was having so much fun on the ice doing what this is all about that he had to be told to cut it short during practices this week because kids were getting cold waiting for him.

This is one of many areas where Crosby has a great deal to learn before accepting the nomination into the hall of fame.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
gb701 said:
Interesting, and sad, to see the "star" syndrome start before he has actually done anything.

Gretz, on the other hand, despite far more "swarms", found time before and after every event over the past several days to find - find - the kids who were looking for autographs. But of course, he would not have had to worry about the many pressures on Crosby's mind.

The only thing that people had to wait for was that Gretz was having so much fun on the ice doing what this is all about that he had to be told to cut it short during practices this week because kids were getting cold waiting for him.

This is one of many areas where Crosby has a great deal to learn before accepting the nomination into the hall of fame.

Rimouski played the next day...they had a team charter waiting!! The entire Rimouski team came down for the game.

What do you want Sid to do? Ditch his team and miss his flight?

JMTP87

Jan 26, 2003
Visit site
Its Odd You didnt Get a Autograph when I went to his game against shawingen altho he was the last to come otu he was a nice guy and signed 2 thngs for me and we chatted for a bit. I doubt it cause he wanted to be an ass there had to have been a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->