How Can I Contact A Guy Who Had The 1984 Semifinal Series Between Edmonton and Minnesota

sawchuk1971

Jun 16, 2011
about four years ago, i posted a question in the minnesota north star photos facebook page where i asked the forum if somebody recorded the series between the north stars and oilers ..

one guy posted to me that he had all four games available..

these games, from what i know because i am collector, are rare...

back in 1984, playoff games from the Prince Wales and Campbell teams divisions were played on the same night...for example the northstars/oiler game played on the same night as the isles/habs...

USA network televised only the edmonton oiler/minnesota north star for just one night and that was it....the next couple of nights the network focused on the hab/isle series...

in minnesota, both KMSP, a tv station.. and Spectrum Sports (a pay per view network) televised the northstars/oil series...

coming back to the guy, he mentioned he had the games...games were on betamax vcr tapes...

he mentioned the tapes needed to baked restored in order for them to be recorded...unfortunately the meeting failed..

i started harassing him during the 2016 xmas season..asking when if he has the time to record the games.....he did not respond after the encounter...

i made a bad mistake of what i did...

the games are very important to me...should i come out and apologize of what I did to that guy?

open to all answers...

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Apologize as sincere as possible, make sure you admit you're behaviour was not at it's best and see if that works. If it does not get the results you desire then SWAT him! ;)

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
I have that series recorded on several different VHS tapes somewhere in my basement. Well parts of it game 2 is interrupted halfway through the 1st when I recorded Big Boobz 12 over it but it does have most of the 3rd recorded. PM me.

Bumpus

Shhh ...
Mar 4, 2008
WV
When the rusty, dented panel van with “free candy” spray painted on the side pulls up to the curb ... tamp down that feeling in your gut, put on the blindfold like the lazy-eyed driver says, and climb on in.

Tape’s in the back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad