Prospect Info: How can any prospect break into our top 6 now?

SteveV*

Luckily, apart from Leivo, nobody looks remotely like top six material

pooleboy

Dec 23, 2009
Ontario
Tyler Biggs anybody? But I'd rather have a top 6 worthy players and the prospects push them.... Just he way everyone else gets it. Don't just get it handed to u

veedubn1

Jun 7, 2010
With Bozak, JVR, Lupul, Clarkson locked in long term, and likely Kessel and Kadri to follow, how can any prospect break into our top 6 in the next 5 years?

We have so much money invested here, that it leaves me wondering what's gonna happen with guys like Colborne, Gauthier, Biggs, Leivo, Ashton, etc. trying to break in to the top 6 in the coming years?

If anyone of these guys learns how to win faceoffs consistently and back check they have as good a chance as Bozak did to make it happen.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Its probably a good thing we dont have a single legitimate top 6 forward prospect. A couple 2nd-3rd line tweeners, but thats about it.

If you cant displace Bozak or Clarkson from a top 6, you dont deserve to be playing top 6 minutes. One averages like 45 points a season, the other around 30.

SteveV*

Tyler Biggs anybody? But I'd rather have a top 6 worthy players and the prospects push them.... Just he way everyone else gets it. Don't just get it handed to u

Biggs shows nothing that translates to top six.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
With Bozak, JVR, Lupul, Clarkson locked in long term, and likely Kessel and Kadri to follow, how can any prospect break into our top 6 in the next 5 years?

We have so much money invested here, that it leaves me wondering what's gonna happen with guys like Colborne, Gauthier, Biggs, Leivo, Ashton, etc. trying to break in to the top 6 in the coming years?

Gauthier and Colborne are not really being groomed as top 6 players, and there's this thing called trading players... Either guys from the top 6 can get moved or the Leafs can trade prospects for futures if they don't need to upgrade anything.

PemIceKing

Dec 23, 2011
Its probably a good thing we dont have a single legitimate top 6 forward prospect. A couple 2nd-3rd line tweeners, but thats about it.

If you cant displace Bozak or Clarkson from a top 6, you dont deserve to be playing top 6 minutes. One averages like 45 points a season, the other around 30.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Kb21

Dec 27, 2011
Toronto
Leafs don't have any prospects that project as top 6 forwards in the system.

Better suited for bottom 6 roles based on skill set.

Qft.

Also any projected top 6 forwards in our system are at least 2 years away if not more.

catgoldfish

Nov 15, 2004
British Columbia
We have no top 6 potential prospects...

Exactly........................the only one I think is ready is maybe Colbourne. And he would be a bottom six guy. I'm ok with the lineup we have now. We could use a couple of better Dmen but maybe Gardiner and or Rielly will step up.

Lebanese Leaf

Sep 19, 2009
Toronto, ON
Colborne, Gauthier, Leivo, and Biggs all top top 6 potential. To say otherwise is to sell them short.

Whether they reach that ceiling is another question.

Hero

Uncle Leo
Jul 2, 2009
heropuck.wordpress.com
Agreed that Colborne will have a hard time cracking our top six, but I think he can challenge Colborne.

Honestly I wouldn't mind seeing this...

JvR - Bozak - Kessel -> 1st Scoring Line
Lupul - Kadri - Clarkson -> 2nd Scoring Line
Kulemin - Bolland - McClement -> 3rd Shut down line
Ashton - Colborne - Orr -> 4th Sheltered scoring line

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
Who cares? If this group works out and the team is successful who gives a **** of prospects can't break in for a few years? Do you think Pens fans are crying that none of their center prospects can break into the top six? I am not saying our top six compares to theirs, just that this isn't something to get worked up over so long as this group works out and the team is successful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->