How can a get a framed photograph of Connor McDavid autographed?

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Flames fan here who lives in Calgary...

I recently bought a framed photograph of Conor McDavid and I would love to get it autographed.

This is a Christmas present for my Grandson who's a huge McDavid fan. I got it at Costco for $50 which is a reasonable amount to pay for a 10 year old boy but the autographed ones were 3x the amount that I paid for the unautographed photo.

Just a little background... my Grandson loves to play hockey but unfortunately he'll be unable to play this Fall as he will be undergoing a couple of surgeries in October and November. In October he'll be getting a fairly routine tonsillectomy and in November he'll be undergoing a major surgery where he'll be getting a new ear. You see, my Grandson is deaf on his left side as he was born without an ear there. They will be removing cartilage and skin from his body and molding it in the shape of an ear and surgically implanting that new ear on the left side of his head.

He won't be able to hear out of the new ear but at least he will look more like all his friends and hockey buddies.

So anyways I'm trying to do my best to give him the best Christmas present ever. I wrote the Oilers to see if I could get the photo signed by McDavid when he's here on November 17 for the Flames Oilers game, and explained why I wanted to do this, but they replied back saying they were unable to accommodate my request.

Any suggestions on how I can proceed or is this now a dead end street?

Here's a pic of the framed photo... its really quite nice and I'm sure my Grandson will be thrilled to get it.... autographed or not.

McD.jpg

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Here's a copy of my e-mail to the Oilers (I used the Contact Us form on the Oiler site) and their response.
To be honest, I'm disappointed in their response. I have deleted names from the e-mail that I'm posting here

Sent: September 25, 2018 8:58 AM
To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Edmonton Oilers - Contact Us
Good morning Mike,
Thank you for your email. I am very sorry to hear of your grandson’s situation, and I would like to wish him a speedy recovery!
Due to the large amount of requests we receive we are unfortunately unable to accommodate requests for autographed items.
If there are any opportunities for upcoming autograph sessions, it will be posted on our official website and social media channels. If you have any further questions please let me know.
Kindest regards,
clip_image001.jpg
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx | Ticket Services Representative
Oilers Entertainment Group
300 10214-104 Avenue NW, Edmonton, AB, T5J 0H6
T: 780-409-3704 E: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.edmontonoilers.com
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

[email protected] [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2018 4:41 PM
To: Info Edmonton Oilers <[email protected]>
Subject: Edmonton Oilers - Contact Us
clip_image002.jpg
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Formstack Submission For: CONTACT US FORM ON EDMONTONOILERS.COM: 2016-17 SEASON
Submitted at 09/24/18 4:41 PM
:
Name: Mike Haidenger
Email: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Department: Other
Your question or comment:: Hi there. My name is Mike Haidenger and I'm contacting you on behalf of my 10 year old grandson XXXXXXX XXXXXXXXX who resides in Golden BC. My grandson is a huge Oiler and Connor McDavid fan. For Christmas I've bought him a framed Conor McDavid photo which I know he'll love. Unfortunately I couldn't afford to buy him a signed Connor McDavid photo the signed ones were 3x the price of the unsigned ones.
The reason I'm contacting you is to find out if it would be possible to get Connor McDavid to sign the photo I bought. My grandson would love this. He doesn't know I've bought this picture for him for Christmas.
I'm trying to give him a pretty nice Christmas for him this year because he's unable to play minor hockey this fall because he has to have two surgeries this fall. The first is to remove his tonsils and the second is to have a prostetic ear implanted where his left ear should be. Caeden was born without a left ear and he's deaf on that side. On his left side he only has a deformed nub. They will be removing this nub and taking cartilage from his body and shaping it into the form of an ear and then inserting it into the left side molding skin over it. Its strictly a cosmetic procedure so he will look more normal as he's getting to the age where stuff like that is more important to him. He'll still be deaf on that side though.

I'm wondering if it may be possibel for me to come down to meet Connor McDavid on November 17 before the Flames Oilers game here in Calgary. I live in Calgary and would love to get the photo signed by Conor before I send it to my Grandson for Christmas.

If you want, I can send you a photo of my Grandson and a photo of the picture I bought him... its framed and I got it at Costco.

Anyways, thanks for listening to me and I hope you can help me.

Best wishes

Mike Haidenger
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Does anyone here have a contact in the Oilers PR department? My initial above e-mail went to their Customer Service dept.. and as you can see, the results aren't good. You can PM me if you have a contact. Thanks.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Also I say in my e-mail that I want to meet McDavid. That was an error on my part. I actually don't care if I meet him. I just want to get the picture signed by him. If I have to give it to someone that will give it to McDavid to sign that would be just fine with me. All I want is a signature for my Grandson...
The best signature would be a personalized signature something to the effect:

Best wishes Caeden
Connor McDavid

Beerad

Aug 18, 2018
Edmonton
With all due respect I don’t think you should be disappointed by their reply. You have to consider how many similar requests they probably get. I think giving you information on how to follow up on future autograph sessions was appropriate.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
If you go to the games in Calgary, just wait around in the early afternoon of one of their pre-game warm-ups. I'd assume it's not too difficult to state your case to go and request him personally.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
First of all, best of wishes to your grandson and family as he goes through all of this.

As for your request, Connor likely gets a lot of requests as do the Oilers for Connor. He cannot accomidate them all and the team would rather make $ on merchandise than give it away for free I would assume. I would approach him in your own backyard where you are familiar with the surroundings at the Saddledome. Perhaps even ask the Flames org if they could reach out to their provincial rivals or Connor personally before or after a game?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
A signed McDavid photograph is worth a lot more than 150, especially a nice framed one like that.

I'd go back and buy it, you won't come across a better deal.

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
Silent auctions are great places to find this kind of thing. Start hitting up charity events.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad