How Big Was Keith Tkachuk?

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
Just reading through this...
Was Tkachuk on 3 separate playoff teams that blew a 3 games to 1 series lead?

My battery is almost dead on my iPad, so I cant do the homwork, but Im wondering if he was on any/all of the following teams that blew a 3 games to 1 series lead:

Winnipeg Jets vs the Vancouver Canucks
Phoenix Coyotes vs St Louis Blues
St louis Blues vs Vancouver Canucks

If so, that has to be an extreme rarity.

^ yes he was on those three teams

to blow a 3-1 lead in the playoffs isn't that uncommon though?, i don't have any stats to back it up but my eyes see it happen from time to time, i know vancouver came back from 1-3 and won in 92, 94 and 03

IComeInPeace

Jun 16, 2009
LA
^ yes he was on those three teams

to blow a 3-1 lead in the playoffs isn't that uncommon though?, i don't have any stats to back it up but my eyes see it happen from time to time, i know vancouver came back from 1-3 and won in 92, 94 and 03
Thanks for confirming that for me.

As far as "isn't that uncommon"...I don't have the numbers but I'd venture a guess it hasnt happened more than a dozen times in the last 30 years.

Yes, I've always thought it is kind of odd the Canucks have done it 3 times considering how many playoff series they have won since they came into the league.

Has any team won more than 3 times after a 3-1 deficit? Since the 90's, I think that is rather rare territory the Nucks are in.
They almost had 1 more vs the 'Rag's in '94!

IComeInPeace

Jun 16, 2009
LA
According to nhl.com, in the last 70 years, a team trailing 3-1 has come back to win 20 times, or 8.7% of the time...
So, kind of a rarity (but obviously not like coming back from 3-0)...

Id think that is pretty rare air for a player of Tkachuks caliber, to be on the losing end of 3 of those series. I wonder if there is another NHL player that can lay claim to that same feat?

He played on the Jets when there was quite a rivalry with the Nucks. He was a pain in the butt to play against in many different ways.

I hated the guy, but sometimes it is not the player, its the team. He never backed down or toned down his game for the playoffs. He played all out. I think he had the misfortune of playing on some one lined teams...the kind of teams that are easily shut down in the playoffs...

Id say the same about Bertuzzi. He played some of his most inspired hockey in the playoffs. The stats dont bare that out, but those Nucks teams had the Sedin twins as second liners at a time when they would have struggled in the AHL. The Nucks were a one line team.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I always liked Tkachuk, guy was a tremendous goal scorer and power forward. Would have been interesting to see how he would have performed on a contender.

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
but sometimes it is not the player, its the team

at least that should be the case in 92, when the jets collapsed with a 3-1 lead and lost the last three games 2-8, 3-8, 0-5, tkachuk was a rookie with 17 regular season games played, he scored 2 goals in those three games and was -3, i think it was more the team he played on, canucks was simply a better team than the jets back then, even the next year with a 76 goal selänne and zhamnov in the lineup jets couldn't beat the canucks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->