How big is the gap between McDavid and Matthews actually?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Please show me the list of these 40 goal rookies and PPG sophomores that are on Matthews level. Let me guess...you think Drai is better than Matthews too right hahaha.
Matthews start joinin mvp talk and ill consider comparing.... until then hes a top 10-15 center.

Its no shock toronto didnt trust matthews to lead them, so they had to get tavares.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
I tell you what.... 2 Stanley Cups in a row sounds way better.
I'll tell you one thing and one thing only: if you wish to argue player accomplishments and such - don't use team accomplishments to do it.

Especially when your club has not made it to the second round over a decade.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
I’m not sure if these leaf fans are overating Matthews or just underrating McDavid. All you need to do is watch a handful of oilers games to realise nobody in the league produces scoring chances or points like McDavid does. Matthews is a hell of a talent and seems to be pretty respected by Teams and fans around the league. Everybody knows he’s good no need to compare him to McDavid it’s not close and will never be

Reactions: snipes

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
MvDavid better at skating and playmaking and hockey sense.

Matthews better at goals, shot, stick handling, and 200 ft game.

The ability for McDavid to play the game at his speed separates the two....#1 player in the NHL to the #10 player in the NHL.
The only thing Matthews has on McDavid right now is goal scoring and probably shot. The rest is in McDavid's favor.

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
I tell you what.... 2 Stanley Cups in a row sounds way better.
because the Leafs are the greatest example of playoff success for the past 20 years.....wonder how Leafs fans will react if they lose to the Bruins in the 1st round again. Lightning outplayed the Bruins heavily after that despite getting walloped in their first game....they are the real contenders in the Atlantic.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
I’m not sure if these leaf fans are overating Matthews or just underrating McDavid. All you need to do is watch a handful of oilers games to realise nobody in the league produces scoring chances or points like McDavid does. Matthews is a hell of a talent and seems to be pretty respected by Teams and fans around the league. Everybody knows he’s good no need to compare him to McDavid it’s not close and will never be
some of these Leafs fans can't distinguish between a hockey player and a hockey team

losing in the first round doesn't add to a players' talent or legacy

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
McDavid is in the Crosby/OV/Malkin tier of elite talent, while Matthews is in the Tavares/Stamkos/Bergeron tier. It's not a massive gap but it's pretty significant. As far as I'm concerned, McDavid is quite a bit better than Matthews.

If Matthews had been drafted by literally any other team, he wouldn't be drawing these kinds of comparisons. He's a great player but not THAT good.

seroes

May 3, 2016
California
Try making the playoffs. How do you miss the playoffs with the best player in the universe?

Makes no sense. He is the best in the world right. Yet...
Because that enitre team is mcdavid and draistal. The surrounding cast for the leafs is far better, even the leafs much maligned defense is better than edmontons. Mcdavid can't play the whole game and that kinda screws Edmonton.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I think Matthews is mostly as good as Leafs fans think, but McDavid is better. he's basically a cheat code on a whole other level than the rest of the NHL

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Honestly who cares.

The leafs will be better than the oilers for the rest of the time McDavid is there.

Then he’ll just join Matthews in Toronto when the Tavares contract is over.

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
Try making the playoffs. How do you miss the playoffs with the best player in the universe?

Makes no sense. He is the best in the world right. Yet...

Yet, somehow is probably normal for Penguins to miss the playoffs 5 times in 6 years with Mario....Because I guess hockey is a team game...

Reactions: Katani Kalan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad