How bad is the Vancouver hockey media?

Cheekier

May 16, 2011
Vancouver, BC
The Bad:

Jeff Paterson = nails on chalkboard. I tune out THE SECOND I hear his voice.
Jason Botchford = trying to turn negativity into his long-term career path. I guess he feels he needs a "schtick". Plus, he's constantly interrupting EVERYONE when he's on 1040. It's beyond irritating.
John Garrett -- I truly sometimes wonder if he's even watching the same game I am! He's becoming the "Bob Cole" of Sportsnet.

The Good:

Shorty
B-Mac (although sometimes comes across as a bit too "Carl Casual")
Ray Ferraro (a bit crotchety but love his perspectives. He also gets bonus points for kicking Botch to the curb a few months back).
The Legion of Blog (makes the loss of The Kurtenblog more bearable)

Special commendation for Gallagher. Truly a negative force, but he does it with such a great vocabulary!

Smokey McCanucks

PuckDaddy "Perfect HFBoard Trade Proposal 02/24/14
Dec 21, 2010
Y'all see the one from Ian Macintyre on Edler? Typically the best of the Province/Sun's Legion of Hacks, Macintyre is way off on this one. Sure, Edler's had his struggles, but I think I-Mac is about three weeks late on this. Edler started the season really well, when the rest of the blueline was slow off the mark he was the bright spot, but then after a couple weeks he was awfully shaky for the middle part of the season. Playing with a rotating cast of d-partners and trying to do too much, if you ask me. However, since this recent streak of good play started he's been really good, holding down the top defensive spot, to me this is just another example of a negative article after a victory, having nothing critical to write about after a real solid showing against Phoenix..."well who should we slam today, uh, how about Edler? He's had some off stretches this season, why not?"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad