How are you guys are dieting, getting the weight off and keeping the weight off?

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
In 9 months I has gone from 235 to 210 lbs. Instead of cooking red meat at home, I have more salads as the main course. Now I not anti red fanatic , and have been barbecuing sirloin burgers but just having less cooked meat.
I used to snack on cheeses. Now I eat less cheese. Still have goat cheese on salad for example but just less cheese overall . Still when I'm at a buffet or picnic, I overeat meats and cheeses. But most days, more salads..with fatty dressing instead of cooked meats and cheeses.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
In 9 months I has gone from 235 to 210 lbs. Instead of cooking red meat at home, I have more salads as the main course. Now I not anti red fanatic , and have been barbecuing sirloin burgers but just having less cooked meat.
I used to snack on cheeses. Now I eat less cheese. Still have goat cheese on salad for example but just less cheese overall . Still when I'm at a buffet or picnic, I overeat meats and cheeses. But most days, more salads..with fatty dressing instead of cooked meats and cheeses.

I am 6-2 and 240

for awhile I got down to about 220 but I have gone back to 240 again (since I started this thread)

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I recently started reverse dieting. I was down as low as 1600 calories and I have been adding 100 calories per week for the past few weeks and I have been happy with the results. I’m about 2 lbs lighter than I was before I started reverse dieting but I am not feeling quite as starved and low energy throughout the day.

The idea behind a reverse diet is that it will increase your maintenance calories, which will allow you to eat more without gaining weight. Reverse dieting out of a diet instead of just going full dirty binge mode is a great precautionary method for not putting the weight back on once you’ve lost it. There are plenty of great articles on it.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
What follows is probably terrible advice and it's not a plug for this machine, but dang if I'm not seeing results:

Power Plate - Why Power Plate

For most of my life I was probably 6'1 175 to 190 lbs. I could eat whatever and whenever I wanted without affecting my weight much. Normal once or twice a week hockey games and no other exercising (because I honestly hate exercising). I was blessed with fantastic metabolism the first 38 yrs of my life. A coworker once told me "you're the fattest skinniest person I've ever met, I can't believe how much you eat".

A couple years ago I started noticing my belly getting bigger and my normal routine of eating whatever the heck I want (including candy bars and tremendous portions) was starting to creep up on me. Then my once moderate back problems started getting worse. Finally Jan 2018 I decided I needed to do something different and I started yoga. That really helped improve my core and my back problems pretty much went away. A few months ago my gf turned me onto this machine that her gym offered. Was definitely skeptical. But after like 4 weeks (~3x a week for 30 mins) I am noticing tremendous differences in my muscle definition (I basically had no definition/muscle tone prior). I've had my best session in hockey of my life- this is all at 40 yrs old. While I'm probably still at the 200 lb mark, this is more muscle vs fat. I have more energy after games and in life in general. I still hit yoga occasionally but my focus has shifted to the Powerplate thing

I have a big time sugar addiciton and I'm not sure I'll ever wean myself off but I decided that if I'm gonna eat like crap then I need to make sure I'm stemming the bad stuff.

Oct 18, 2011
I reinjured my back about a year ago and put on most of the weight I lost.

So I had been thinking about doing keto for awhile and honestly didn't think I could do it.

I started August 6th at 251.3 pounds which is heavy for me. I am currently at 232.6 a good weight for me is typically in the 210s.

I experienced a rapid loss at first with all the water weight coming off. Over the last week I've noticed more steady smaller losses which I believe means im entering ketosis.

Symptoms: fatigue is an issue sometimes but that's normal during the transition I'm trying to keep my electrolytes up. I have yet to really get into working out, but my job is a high activity job so I'm not sitting around all day.

I did have one really bad day, where all I could think about was carbs. It was like a drug addict coming off something. I did give in and had some but that was about two weeks ago. No issues since and no real cravings.

My appetite has definitely decreased, and I don't shit very much at least recently.

I don't know if I can stick to keto long term but I want to get to three months then evaluate things. It does work and while I would like carbs here and there it's not like before I've made meals that work for me

Also praise Wingstop, the one or two days where I could have f***ed up I went there and they have low carb and sugar options. Just stay away from bbq sauce and boneless

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->