How are ex-Sharks doing elsewhere?

OffSydes

#tank2014/5
Aug 14, 2011
I remember when Lynn Loyns burst on the scene with a few quick goals before establishing himself as an All Star.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
Will the McGinn/Sgarbossa trade go down as the worst for DW? Not signing Winnik and Sgarbossa is looking like a great prospect as well. The Ehrhoff trade is probably his worst. But McGinn/Sgarbossa is closing fast.

Eh, I think Gali and McGinn will cancel each other out but the Pirate will be the difference depending on how he turns out.

Prediction - Winnik will end up with more points that TJ this year.

He always looked like a much better player, one that just was snake bit allot points wise.

There's no question Winnik is a better all-around player. He's much better defensively than Gali and maybe slightly less talented offensively in terms of scoring but he's stronger and carries the puck better than Gali. Gali's saving grace is his potential to put up 15-20 goals and 40+ pts while Winnik's ceiling seems to be around 10 goals and 30 pts.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Prediction - Winnik will end up with more points that TJ this year.

He always looked like a much better player, one that just was snake bit allot points wise.

If by snake-bit, you mean stone-hands, then I agree.

Also, Kent Huskins is a decent #6 defensemen, I actually think it's a good signing by Detroit. He wasn't great, but he was on a different level than Wallin-Semenov-White-Vandermeer-Joslin.

And because I love to bring this up, I always get a chuckle out of remembering that game in 09-10 where we iced Blake-Murray-Huskins-Wallin-Joslin-M. Moore. Good times.

Zeroz

Frightened Inmate #2
Jul 20, 2011
Oregon
Poor Vandy. Didn't someone on here say he just moved to Vancouver before signing with the Canucks?

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
Will the McGinn/Sgarbossa trade go down as the worst for DW? Not signing Winnik and Sgarbossa is looking like a great prospect as well. The Ehrhoff trade is probably his worst. But McGinn/Sgarbossa is closing fast.

Not re-signing Winnik was the problem, the trade itself was fine.

TealTownUSA

Mar 30, 2010
wtf is goin on w/ Winnik? wish we still had him, he wouldve done better w/ our new asst staff (ahem not woodcroft)

where's wallin/waldo?

CJL182

Oct 9, 2008
I remember when Lynn Loyns burst on the scene with a few quick goals before establishing himself as an All Star.

For some reason the ONLY thing I remember about Lynn Loyns was him getting plastered pretty badly in front of the camera. The other player got a 5 minute major, but the Sharks weren't able to score lol.

Stickmata

Aug 30, 2011
I was just checking out the Wild stats to see how Seto and Taco Torrey were doing so far, which is poorly I might add, and I took a hard look at their roster. I can't believe people are actually thinking that lineup is a Stanley Cup contender.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I was just checking out the Wild stats to see how Seto and Taco Torrey were doing so far, which is poorly I might add, and I took a hard look at their roster. I can't believe people are actually thinking that lineup is a Stanley Cup contender.

Hype hype hype.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad