How´s Chara looking?

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
Hey guys! For economic reasons i had to cancel my subscription to the streaming service that shows Caps games where i am, im curious about how Chara is looking so far, saw that he has the third most ice time for example. What are your opinions?

crab

Jan 26, 2019
Very solid defensively. Great positioning, reach and strength helps off-set his slow foot speed. Puck-handling and breakouts have been satisfactory.

Ideally the puck-handling and breakouts would improve as he gets more accustomed to the new system with the rest of the team but based on his age and expectations I wouldn’t expect much.

Reactions: Pomee

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Great on the PK, good enough at even strength. He can be beat by speed at times, but he’s not being asked to match up against top lines or play 25 minutes per night here. Jensen compliments him well for helping get the puck out of the zone.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
bryzgalov-humongous-big-450x293.jpg

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
just from the eye test... i would say he has had a calming impact on the ice so far.

Ridley Simon

Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Caps weren’t getting intimated by anyone (least not physically) before Chara. He’s just adding to what was already there

Ovechkin
Wilson
Dillon
Hathaway
Chara

even guys like Orlov, Oshie, Eller and Panik will grind and mix it up. Honestly are almost too big and heavy, as it comes at a cost of speed.

we will see how to all turns out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->