Online Series: House of Cards

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
Agreed on Jane, she just came out of nowhere. I thought I missed an episode. Kind of tainted the season for me.

USC Trojans

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
May 17, 2002
LA Oiler fan
Is it more of, it's really his only option at this point. I didn't care for this season at all. The Durant thing was beyond silly as well as getting rid of the writer. It was almost cheasy soap opera stuff.

The political maneuvering in the first 2 seasons is what drew me in but I feel like in later seasons whenever the writers back themselves into a corner, they just say "let's just kill him/her off or incapacitate them". That's just lazy. I'm sure even Trump wouldn't go as far to poison someone or push a woman down the stairs. The Underwoods have become a caricature

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
For me it's 2>1>>4>>>5>>>>>>3

I was not a fan of 3 at all.

I agree season 5 was non-sensical. Claire murdered a very well-known popular writer with a well established connection to her and they just bury him and get away with it?

Lol

The Moose

Mar 25, 2004
Edmonton
Just finished S5. Yeah, garbage. So many silly characters and premises. Taking Aidan under Pertrov's nose was just laughable. Those silly Russians, they so evil but they can't secure an important asset on their home soil. No, no, Ms. Davis with her omnipresent resources and power around the globe can do anything. Compared with the first 2 seasons this show is bordering on ridiculous now.

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
Parts of Season 5 were good, some other parts seemed forced or just left one with the reaction of "Huh???".

I thought the way they ended the season was interesting, although I must admit, I was one that was under the impression season 5 was going to be the final season, due to not knowing how much longer they can keep this going, but we shall see.

donkshow

Aug 19, 2007
Parts of Season 5 were good, some other parts seemed forced or just left one with the reaction of "Huh???".

I thought the way they ended the season was interesting, although I must admit, I was one that was under the impression season 5 was going to be the final season, due to not knowing how much longer they can keep this going, but we shall see.

Season 6 needs to be the final season.

Ziggyjoe21

Nov 12, 2003
Pitt
What ever happened to Kathy Durant? She was never heard from after her 'fall'. Doug Stamper's love for the Underwoods is sociopathic. His character really bothers me. Francis has entered the Walter White level of hate-able main character.

Also, great ending. "My turn".

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Currently on a rewatch with the girlfriend, close to finish season 3. We've both watched the show before, I think up until halway through season 5 but we forgot most of it.

So far it's great TV, we're really curious how it'll turn out once KS disappears from the cast though...

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Currently on a rewatch with the girlfriend, close to finish season 3. We've both watched the show before, I think up until halway through season 5 but we forgot most of it.

So far it's great TV, we're really curious how it'll turn out once KS disappears from the cast though...

Do yourself a favor and stop once he's off.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I stopped at some point in season 3 I think, so it's not worth finishing when I have time?

I don't remember the season numbers, but the show takes a hit once Spacey is off (I think it was just the last season). It's not only that he's off the show, but it's as if they completely erase him from it. There are no flashbacks or audio overlays of things he previously said or did because the show tried to distance themselves from him as best as they could (understandably so). Claire isn't nearly as captivating or interesting when she gets more power and I think the final season was rushed to the point that I just wanted it to be over. If you do keep watching until the final season you'll probably just want to finish it off for the closure aspect, but it's pretty mediocre.

That said, the show was pretty good up until the end. Obviously it gets more and more ridiculous with the story lines as you go but that's the only direction for a show like that to go in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad