Hour of Glory for Alexander Perezhogin

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChemiseBleuHonnete

Oct 28, 2002
AH said:
Three years ago, he also predicted Ron Hainsey as being the Habs best defeneman.

Almost everyone covering the camp was predicting that too. I know why, it's really easy. I was at the camp and I saw everything. The coaching staff was very very very stupid at that time. All they did to test their defenseman was to put them in a situation where they had to skate backwards and not let the forward make the play. Hainsey is a very agile skater, so he looked very good with his 6 foot 3 reach. But when he's on game situations, he's got no brain in the defensive zone. He's very passive, not physical at all and very bad positionally. They didn't even tested him in those areas. Of course, we all saw that he was great. He was the best puck-mover too. All in all, Hainsey sucks in game situations but under those conditions, he was near perfect.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Funny how since Perezhogin was suspended, everyone started doubting him because of the affect the susupension could have on his progression, as soon as something is posted that states how well he's doing in the RSL, it dosen't mean anything anymore :shakehead

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
417 TO MTL said:
Funny how since Perezhogin was suspended, everyone started doubting him because of the affect the susupension could have on his progression, as soon as something is posted that states how well he's doing in the RSL, it dosen't mean anything anymore :shakehead

I don't think this is exactly what is happening here.

It's very cool that he is doing well. The "hour of glory" thing was a bit much, though.

sveiglar

Feb 27, 2002
Perhaps "hour of glory" is how "15 minutes of fame" gets translated from French.

Last edited:

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Vlad The Impaler said:
I don't think this is exactly what is happening here.

It's very cool that he is doing well. The "hour of glory" thing was a bit much, though.

Actually, the "hour of glory" thing doesn't mean much at all since it is an expression used ad-nauseum in the French language. Therefore, it doesn't have the same importance and simply states that he had a great game worth talking about in the papers.

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
Fozz said:
Actually, the "hour of glory" thing doesn't mean much at all since it is an expression used ad-nauseum in the French language. Therefore, it doesn't have the same importance and simply states that he had a great game worth talking about in the papers.

Exactly. But I guess we should have expected that some posters wouldn't have understood the proper meaning.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
HiggsFan said:
Exactly. But I guess we should have expected that some posters wouldn't have understood the proper meaning.

Maybe, I still feel like had the name been Alexander Semin instead of Perezhogin, the thread would have been better received, like another poster stated, the hating smells something fierce here, not all the posters obviously, but there are some who are obvious it's not even funny...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad