Houle vs Bergevin

Which is the worst GM in the Habs history?

• Total voters

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I'll wait a little bit before calling Bergevin worse than Houle but he's getting there that's for sure. For now i'll simply not vote and keep watching MB mismanagement this team.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I always thought Irving Grundman was the worst, but Bergevin is gaining on him exponentially.

Last edited:

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
I'll wait a little bit before calling Bergevin worse than Houle but he's getting there that's for sure. For now i'll simply not vote and keep watching MB mismanagement this team.
The only chance Bergevin has at not being worse than Houle is if he's fired today. If he continues to be GM, any chance he has of not being worst goes out the window. The longer he is in charge, the worse his reign will get.

Reactions: BLONG7

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
The only chance Bergevin has at not being worse than Houle is if he's fired today. If he continues to be GM, any chance he has of not being worst goes out the window. The longer he is in charge, the worse his reign will get.

Following this sentence will be the only shard of defense I will throw towards Bergevin this year:

League parity is reality now.

Following this sentence will be an immediate detractor to the shard of defense I just gave him:

League parity is real... During regular season. In the playoffs the winners win and the losers loose.

Reactions: habsfan909

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I voted Bergevin and I have absolutely no faith in him. But reality is he’s still GM and that means he does have a chance to try and change so I guess we’ll see what transpires here.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Following this sentence will be the only shard of defense I will throw towards Bergevin this year:

League parity is reality now.

Following this sentence will be an immediate detractor to the shard of defense I just gave him:

League parity is real... During regular season. In the playoffs the winners win and the losers loose.

League parity is not the reason MB took a good core and made it a lot worse though.

Price, Subban, Markov, Patch, Gallagher, 3rd overall pick, all in their prime (beginning of it) except for Markov. This is a good core to work with. He needed to add to it but that's the job of a GM.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Reactions: Runner77

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
Did Houle benefit of the same kind of budget flexibility Bergevin has with Molson? Did he cripple the team for the next GM in line with comparable boat anchor contracts?

Genuinely curious. Not familiar with Houle's reign apart from the bad trades, drafts and coaching drama.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
The thing with Houle is that it will never be beat cause he traded one of the greatest players of all time. An icon in Montreal, he traded Patrick Roy.

But we still had a nice roster and he traded Pierre Turgeon for a beatup past his prime Shane Corson.

But Bergevin is getting close to that point by trading Subban then losing Radu and Markov, that is three big pieces.

Reactions: ksargent

snakeye

Jun 24, 2007
Montreal
Because Gauthier was recognized as the ultimate worst GM ever in just two years. Had he gone as long as Bergevin my god, oh my god.
What exactly were Gauthier's bad moves as GM?

I read somewhere that the habs were trying to cut spending when Houle was GM, and he was kind of forced to make bad trades. That must be considered if true.

Btw didn't Houle draft some Russian that Bergevin didn't want to re-sign last year??

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Voted for Houle, for the fact that he traded Patrick Roy for something that wasn't Patrick Roy and both Damphousse/Turgeon for some bullshit players.

But like some said, Bergevin is trying his goddamn best to take the cake as the worst ever.
He could be, depending on what Sergatchev will become.

Also, f*** Bergevin for being such a big douchebag.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Context is everything... Houle was handcuffed, did what he had to do, and actually did some ok things despite a terrible situation.

More importantly, he kept up some class while doing it.

Bergevin's ruined a great situation, despite having every opportunity possible, and he's done it while being condescending, classless and throwing our players under the bus at every opportunity.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad