Trade: [HOU/TOR] Roberto Osuna for Ken Giles, David Paulino, and Hector Perez

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Holy crap.

Exactly what Houston needs if they can solve the legal mess and he is allowed to enter the US (which I think is still in question).

The return will be fascinating. Did the Jays simply dump him for almost anything to avoid the headache?

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Holy crap.

Exactly what Houston needs if they can solve the legal mess and he is allowed to enter the US (which I think is still in question).

The return will be fascinating. Did the Jays simply dump him for almost anything to avoid the headache?
He's pitching in Buffalo right now.

Mishandled the Donaldson situation and now this one

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
Shapiro needs to be fired. I'm so pissed that they got rid of Osuna, regardless of his troubles, he's the best young closer in the game.
Exactly!!!

I seen "fans" complaining that if Osuna was back they would boycott the Jays. First of all, innocent until proven guilty. Secondly, without him the Jays are trash.

The writing was on the wall from the get go and we all knew this was going to happen. But it's still not the right move.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Oof. Maybe with supposed mental issues/stuff like that they'll look at Osuna differently?

Still though, Shatkins is such a fitting name for the Jays front office. Got nothing for one of your better players and likely will get nothing for Donaldson now. I get he has the domestic stuff (rightly so) hanging over his head but couldn't you have like, waited?

At least Vladdy Jr/Bo are on the way.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Oof. Maybe with supposed mental issues/stuff like that they'll look at Osuna differently?

Still though, Shatkins is such a fitting name for the Jays front office. Got nothing for one of your better players and likely will get nothing for Donaldson now. I get he has the domestic stuff (rightly so) hanging over his head but couldn't you have like, waited?

At least Vladdy Jr/Bo are on the way.

Well no, not if it was decided he'd never play for them again. His value would've tanked when he was available and was still being held out.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I'm fine with this, even if it means I'll never be able to wear my Osuna Matata shirt again.

He was tainted goods, Jays weren't going to get a kings ransom with that stigma following him.

Reactions: Voight

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Interesting trade. Osuna will definitely help. But I wonder what the locker room will be like. Apparently Luhnow talked to Altuve but not sure if that was before making the trade or right after and had Altuve talk to his teammates.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I was never a big Osuns fan but this trade is once again underwhelming from Shatkins. I just don’t get these pieces he’s getting back. They seem to be taking the quantity over quality approach. Both the Yankees and Astros have great farms so it’s not like there was a supply issue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad