Hotels in Montreal for World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockeypuck

I'm heading up to Montreal for the USA/Canada game and the Canada/Slovakia game. Any suggestions from the locals on a reasonably priced hotel that is close to the arena(walking distance)? I'm just looking for a nice clean hotel, amenities don't matter because I'll be doing alot of drinking and just sleeping at the hotel ;)

rye&ginger

Jan 4, 2004
Vancouver
If you are young and dont mind the common bathroom you can try staying at the McGill residences. Poke around on their website. It was very cheap when I went a few years ago. Hotels there are a nice hit in the wallet, and just take away from the beer money ;)

Hockeypuck

rye&ginger said:
If you are young and dont mind the common bathroom you can try staying at the McGill residences. Poke around on their website. It was very cheap when I went a few years ago. Hotels there are a nice hit in the wallet, and just take away from the beer money ;)
Well i'm not real young and if the bathroom is coed it could work,but taking away from the beer money is a bad thing ;) I've been up there 5 or so times and always stayed outside the city as far as this time goes I'd like to stay around $100 a night US currency.

BlueAndWhite

Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Hockeypuck said:
Well i'm not real young and if the bathroom is coed it could work,but taking away from the beer money is a bad thing ;) I've been up there 5 or so times and always stayed outside the city as far as this time goes I'd like to stay around $100 a night US currency.
If you're going to taking in the local nightlife, you're going to have to save up a lot for bar beer money. I remember a Corona cost $8.50 at Newtown and beer was barely cheaper at other bars along Crescent.

Hockeypuck

BlueAndWhite said:
If you're going to taking in the local nightlife, you're going to have to save up a lot for bar beer money. I remember a Corona cost $8.50 at Newtown and beer was barely cheaper at other bars along Crescent.
That's close to normal about $6 american.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
This website is pretty fair:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g155032-Montreal_Quebec-Hotels.html

If you like French food, consider some of the bring-your-own-wine French restaurants, which are a bargain and feature sumptuous food (Le Yoyo, L'Entrepont, La Colombe, ...) although not quite downtown. PM me if you need more.

Also, funky bars worth checking out: whiskey places: L'Ile Noire, Whiskey Cafe; martini bar: Le Jello; Port bar: Le Sofa. All of these with exceptional atmosphere. Cheers!

YellHockey*

Use Priceline and if that fails, resort to Hotwire.

If you don't care which hotel you stay at, just as long as you can stay somewhere downtown, those are your best bets.

Habsaku

Apr 28, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
BlueAndWhite said:

A pitcher of beer is about 9 to 15$ depending on the hour, the bar and the beer,

e-e

Mar 15, 2003
Bratislava
:help:

hi guys

i plan to visit montreal too but i would prefer to sleep over off the town.
does anybody know good motel up to 50km from montreal? website, telphone, fax....anything would help

thanks

Teezax

Nov 25, 2002
Montreal
Dude just buy a couple cases of 24, you will save plenty.
why spend 8$ on a beer when you can get 48 of them for 60$ and change.

BlueAndWhite

Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Teezax said:
Dude just buy a couple cases of 24, you will save plenty.
why spend 8$ on a beer when you can get 48 of them for 60$ and change.
Well, you can never get two 24s for $60 bucks, not good beer anyway.

I agree with the fact that it makes most economical sense to pre-drink and then hit the town. Although, when you're in a bar/club, you can't really bring a 12 pack with you.

Mackee

Oct 9, 2003
Montreal
e-e said:
hi guys

i plan to visit montreal too but i would prefer to sleep over off the town.
does anybody know good motel up to 50km from montreal? website, telphone, fax....anything would help

thanks

There's a bunch of hotels around Dorval Airport (now the Pierre Elliot Trudeau airport). I'm pretty sure most save the Hilton are under $100 CDN. You could go further west to Pointe-Claire, more hotels around the Trans Canada but I think those are a bit more expensive. Dorval is about a 15-20 minute drive from the Bell Centre without traffic.

Last edited:

pittengineer

Jan 1, 2004
BlueAndWhite said:
Well, you can never get two 24s for $60 bucks, not good beer anyway.

I agree with the fact that it makes most economical sense to pre-drink and then hit the town. Although, when you're in a bar/club, you can't really bring a 12 pack with you.

Just make a quick stop down to WV and grab a nice handle of grain(199 proof). Go to montreal. If your going out, pre-game heavily with some grain and then you will be fine with 1 or 2 beers for tonight. This is pretty much my friday and saturday nights in pittsburgh. Saves from spending excessively on what bars charge for drinks.

Only thing is, you can go pretty quickly from :banana: to :help:

Last edited:

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
PEEL PUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

****ing big ass trio of food for like 3:50, and beer isn't that expensive. Can get really drunk easy there :D

Hockeypuck

BlackRedGold said:
Use Priceline and if that fails, resort to Hotwire.

If you don't care which hotel you stay at, just as long as you can stay somewhere downtown, those are your best bets.
Yeah I usually use hotwire for hotels they seem to have a little better price then the other travel sites and sometimes travelocity.

Here's a few I found on travelocity for a decent price Hotel Champ-de-Mars,Hotel Maritime Plaza ,Residence Inn by Marriott Montreal ,and Hotel Le Cantlie Suites. Anybody know how close to the arena these are and if they're dumps?

college hockey

Jun 8, 2004
Maine
Anybody know anything about the Delta Montreal hotel? I got it for 73$ a night through hotwire. I looked at the website and it looks pretty good and it's close to the Metro.

tbboltsfan03

Jun 17, 2004
Alexandria, Virginia
Is somewhere here. planning on visiting and staying at montreal during the world cup? I have the best place for you to go make your reservations at a cheapest price. but I first will need to know when your staying. cause weekday/weekend rates are slightly different.

chris

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I booked the Crowne Plaza right downtown. Am paying $160.00 cdn a night, but it is right downtown, close to everything. Can't wait. :jump:

Badger Bob

JapanMontrealExpat said:
This website is pretty fair:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g155032-Montreal_Quebec-Hotels.html

If you like French food, consider some of the bring-your-own-wine French restaurants, which are a bargain and feature sumptuous food (Le Yoyo, L'Entrepont, La Colombe, ...) although not quite downtown. PM me if you need more.

If he wants to eat in style, Chateau Queux or Chez le mere Michel are two of the finest French restos with outstanding wine lists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->