Hot Take: The Avs are not that good

volcom92886

Feb 23, 2009
So Cal
They will be fine, they are a young and talented team. Their weakness is in net, curious to see if they make a trade for a goalie to strengthen that position. Mackinnon is an absolute beast, easily the beat player in the game

Belgican

Mar 8, 2002
Visit site
Come on, it’s not about the first line or the goalie injuries, this team is just not good enough, lines 2 to 4 are not working the way they should, Bura is out and suddenly the second line is a ghost line, Compher is Casper the ghost, Jost is not good enough, Dong is really on another planet sniffing some drug, I think there need to be some evaluation the Avs are not that good enough, sorry

Reactions: Nihiliste

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
They will be fine, they are a young and talented team. Their weakness is in net, curious to see if they make a trade for a goalie to strengthen that position.
This gets said a lot, but in reality Grubauer has given them .920+ goaltending in the last 2 playoffs runs. His health has been the only issue.

joe dirte

Sep 28, 2017
They're still good, but they look like a borderline playoff team when MacKinnon isn't on the ice. I imagine they'll get better, but they desperately need more from that second line.

Nahh, theyre better than a fringe playoff team without him. But yes, you take the best player in the world off anybteam and thats a blow.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
What a take lol. Nothing wrong with the Avs. Still on the shortlist of Cup contenders.

ref19

Oct 3, 2017
They don't have a lot of talent but Beds is a great coach and Mackinnon and to a lesser extent Rantanen are good. The D sucks besides Makar (he does too in his own end).

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
4 games in is 7%. 6 games in and were over 10% technically. This team does not look good and as I speak letting a very bad Ducks team skate with them. Pure talent alone should make up for this sloppiness and at some point, we cant blame no camp, preseason, and bad luck.

Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
I said it last year and I'll say it again this year - most overrated team in the League not located in Toronto.

They're a 1-line team with a promising young D core and average/slightly above average goaltending. Now, their 1-line is so ridiculously GOAT that they are basically guaranteed a top 3 finish in their division and will most likely get to the 2nd/3rd round of the playoffs --- but I just don't see how people keep picking them to win the cup - they just don't have the depth for it yet.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
27 shots against in only two periods against a rebuilding Ducks team. It seems they have to go through the Lightning disappoints of being insanely overhyped by all hockey writers and insiders. These effers are never right and Avs being the favourites won't lead to a Cup win until they're the third or fourth best team in the NHL instead of consensus favourite to win it all

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
To be honest the Avs have some major flaws.

The bottom-9 forwards are a bit of a mess right now. They are not playing well at all. Kadri at 2C could be a problem too if he’s doesn’t turn it around.

They have too much talent to not make the playoffs though imo.

Also... they just released the Byram.

Reactions: klozge

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
It's really early in a weird season.

Everyone is bad but everyone is also good, too early to tell. Except Buffalo.

i don’t get what you mean here? Buffalo has been actually really good, for 1-3-1 they’ve been in every single game until the last minute of the third. Empty netters make it seem worse like the 3-0 game after they thrashed philly 6-1 that was 0-0 then 1-0 u til the very end then two empty netters by the flyers. They’ve played two teams in 5 games both potential cup candidates and have 3 pts while being in every single one. To say they’re the only team in the league that isn’t good is ridiculous.

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
They don't have a lot of talent but Beds is a great coach and Mackinnon and to a lesser extent Rantanen are good. The D sucks besides Makar (he does too in his own end).
Samuel Girard, Devon Toews, Erik Johnson and Bowen effing Byram suck? And Makar sucks as well in his own end? That's an interesting take.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->