Red Sox/MLB MLB considering drastic rule changes that could speed up games, create universal DH in 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I think Steve Garvey was a more feared player then Baines.10 × Allstar and won the allstar game mvp 2 times .only guy i believe.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Eovaldi mentioned he had a number of teams interested in him, but some wanted him to be a closer and others wanted him to come out of the bullpen at times to save his arm. He wanted to remain a starter.

Last edited:

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Eovaldi mentioned he had a number of teams interested in him, but some wanted him to be a closer or come out of the bullpen at times to save his arm. He wanted to remain a starter.

Sale
Price
Porcello
Eovaldi
E-Rod

I mean, that's a championship rotation right there. And TBH, I wouldn't be shocked if Brian Johnson made the leap to a full-time starter somewhere along the way, kid has talent and has gotten closer to the show every year. Velazquez, Wright, and Workman still on the roster as well for injury insurance. This might be the deepest we've been as an organization in terms of starting pitching that I can remember.

It gives us some flexibility to make a move for the bullpen or other depth. I even wouldn't be disappointed if in Spring Training or midway through the year they sold high on E-Rod to an NL team lacking starting pitching for prospects who will be ready 2-3 years down the road, if only to defer his talent level until the spots will be open (and collect interest on it).

Velazquez and Workman can go to the pen (or Pawtucket or Worcester or wherever) easily. Steven Wright is the question mark. He could be effective in a bullpen role, but the image of him coming into a game after 6 innings of a fastball pitcher and Sandy Leon flopping all over the place trying to stop knuckleballs is scary. TBQH, I'd probably still give him the opportunity. He hasn't been healthy for a year and a half, but the last time he was regularly throwing, he was really effective. So I think he deserves a chance.

Reactions: Seidenbergy

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Mets, Yankees and Marlins discussing three team trade with the goal of Realmuto going to NYM and pitching going to NYY. Interesting to see how this develops...

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Wheeler to Yankees
Realmuto to Mets
Prospects to Florida.

That makes sense from a Mets standpoint. Wheeler is great but obviously a big injury risk. You can’t trade Syndergaard across town, even if you are getting the best offensive catcher in the league. You just can’t it looks terrible, plus it wouldn’t be smart.

Apparently now Andujar is on the table in this deal.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
That makes sense from a Mets standpoint. Wheeler is great but obviously a big injury risk. You can’t trade Syndergaard across town, even if you are getting the best offensive catcher in the league. You just can’t it looks terrible, plus it wouldn’t be smart.

Apparently now Andujar is on the table in this deal.

Would deal Syndergaard if somehow I get realmuto And Andujar back. Would add.

Reactions: N o o d l e s

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Like Recchi

For the most part. I would say that despite not being overly productive in the scoring department later in his career, Recchi at least had some great highs when he was younger. Baines was middle of the road and never great before tailing off. Same with Smith. Decent but not great save totals for a long time.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Like Recchi
Eh, I don't agree with this. Played a ton of games no doubt, but I don't view him as a stat compiler.

In my eyes, Recchi belongs without a doubt. 1600+ GP, 1500+ points, 500+ goals and 3 Cups with 3 different franchises is a HOFer in my book. Pretty much all of his player comparables are HOFers with the exception of Kieth Tkachuk and Pierre Turgeon, and you certainly could make a case for either of them as well.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Winter Meetings rumors
Report: Red Sox Taking Offers On Rick Porcello, Others

TL;DR Red Sox listening on Porcello, Bogaerts and Bradley but nothing imminent
I'd be open to moving a pitcher because of our depth, but I'd rather move E-Rod than Porcello.

Bradley's value is at an all time high, but I'm still cautious about that since it might be a bad clubhouse move. I'm pretty sick of Bogaerts 90% of the time, but as the article pointed out there's no reasonable replacement for him in the system.

If a Porcello & Bogaerts deal gets you a cost controlled SS back, maybe. But I'd probably just roll with the core that won us a title last year.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Eh, I don't agree with this. Played a ton of games no doubt, but I don't view him as a stat compiler.

In my eyes, Recchi belongs without a doubt. 1600+ GP, 1500+ points, 500+ goals and 3 Cups with 3 different franchises is a HOFer in my book. Pretty much all of his player comparables are HOFers with the exception of Kieth Tkachuk and Pierre Turgeon, and you certainly could make a case for either of them as well.
Recchi had 3 great seasons out of 22,so he got in on longevity. Cups are team trophies,Gretzky or Dionne couldn't win with LA despite ridiculous numbers. My HHOF would look different.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Bradford shot it down but there were reports of the diamondbacks having interest in JBJ

If they were to move Bogaerts for an elite prospect package then I could see them being interested in the SS Nick Ahmed from Arizona

I don’t think they move bogaerts or Bradley though tbh.

Reactions: N o o d l e s
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->