Post-Game Talk: Hot Garbage, Leafs Lose 3-2 In OT

m1ker

Apr 11, 2014
I wouldn't put too much weight on the losses. It's clear that Keefe is juggling the lines a bit to see his best options. He's also giving Joe an honest chance before he scratches him.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I wouldn't put too much weight on the losses. It's clear that Keefe is juggling the lines a bit to see his best options. He's also giving Joe an honest chance before he scratches him.
But he sucked all night long ... he had 2/3 decent shifts in 3rd with Matty that's it man ... if all he can do is be a part timer with Matty it is not enough

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
Foligno's post game reaction

7I309wT.gif

Scott r

Feb 10, 2021
I know I will be in minority...but I'm not a huge fan of matthews away from puck. Mcdavid is a much greater player away from the puck then matthews...matthews effort in the ot that led to goal was weak.

Reactions: LeafsRus

Scott r

Feb 10, 2021
I'm 55..bring back the 70s hockey players with clean shaven etc..cashman..orr..etc...tjorton with huge grey beard looks like a degen

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I know I will be in minority...but I'm not a huge fan of matthews away from puck. Mcdavid is a much greater player away from the puck then matthews...matthews effort in the ot that led to goal was weak.
That was weak. That was a outlier. He’s twice the player defensively McDavid is. Not to even mention how much of a better goal scorer he is. Just try and fathom this team without him.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Although people think he is great every game he is still learning and he takes games off a lot more than people care to admit ... but so does McJesus too .. i think it is next to impossible to go full out in this kind of compressed schedule they are playing ... go watch Matty's full game on April 7 against Habs ... wow wow wow ... total domination of entire game ... issue is consistency and he is getting better every year ... progression is there in his play

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
The back to back nonsense they r tired is bs...utter bs.
Was Calgary on the second of a back to back too? If so then no excuse I agree... but if Calgary was rested then I'm pretty sure stats indicate it is an excuse.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Definitely didn't mind Sabourin. He looks like a decent skater who can punish guys in his limited ice. Good fighter. He's more of an old school player. Like a Colton Orr. But, he looked good.
Exactly...... and he gets sh!t on on this board. I would have him in my bottom 6 so fast people’s heads would spin. The guys a competitor

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
For all those blaming Rielly for that OT goal, it was clearly, clearly just a terrible defensive effort by Matthews and Marner:

Garbage/useless gambling in the neutral zone, both forwards gambling on the puck carrier so unnecessarily. Then Matthews stops skating when, even after the bad gambling, he could have caught up with Gaudreau.

both of them sleepwalking like they had better places to be, the only upside is that it rarely if ever happens to the two of them and when it has it's even rarer that it both of them at the same time

They got a point and it really wasn't deserved, just be happy that tonights' game isn't their usual fare

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Definitely didn't mind Sabourin. He looks like a decent skater who can punish guys in his limited ice. Good fighter. He's more of an old school player. Like a Colton Orr. But, he looked good.
He was good and Keefe nailed him to the bench. What have we got another f***** babcock on our hands here. The guy is a winner with proper instruction. Do i really think for a second Engvall should get 12 minutes of do nothing hockey and Sabourine who cares about his career gets 4 minutes. Something seriously amiss with Keefe.

Reactions: LeafsRus

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
both of them sleepwalking like they had better places to be, the only upside is that it rarely if ever happens to the two of them and when it has it's even rarer that it both of them at the same time

They got a point and it really wasn't deserved, just be happy that tonights' game isn't their usual fare
Rittich got us a point.Kerfoot was awesome the entire game. Again...

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Our PP is clueless. Too many times did I see Marner with a good chance to shoot only to see him try to pass or fire a muffin. Thinking you can't have two muffin men on the PP. Move 44 to PP2. 16 in place of Rielly and add Spezza to the right side.

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
This has bugged me for a while, why isn't assistant coach Paul Maclean on the bench, or is he but I somehow haven't noticed him? Former Jack Adams trophy winner, I remember him being pumped when he was named assistant coach to the Leafs; is he just some sort of practice coach or is COVID restricting him from being on the bench with them?

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Our PP is clueless. Too many times did I see Marner with a good chance to shoot only to see him try to pass or fire a muffin. Thinking you can't have two muffin men on the PP. Move 44 to PP2. 16 in place of Rielly and add Spezza to the right side.

Yeah they really need someone who can shoot from the point - Rielly isn't the guy
Marner may be too predictable

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On

Yeah they really need someone who can shoot from the point - Rielly isn't the guy
Marner may be too predictable

Reactions: ToneDog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->