Hospitality union disappointed with athlete response

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Union members wonder why NBA, MLB and NHL players aren't showing support

NBA, MLB and NHL players walked across picket lines. Union reps disappointed.

Perhaps they "can't" stay elsewhere (due to block of rooms), but they could have even encouraged union workers.

(FWIW, I can't see a team incurring a financial penalty to move room block without a directive from owner. And athletes aren't paying their own way.)

The other issue may be that visiting teams don't know what's going on as they aren't "up" on local news.

Or they simply don't care. (Which yes, would be rude if so.)

NBA is sill in preseason, so I can imagine that some guys are more worried about their future with the team than things they have no control over.

Question, has the union on strike contacted the respective player unions to get their response/support? My guess is no. PAs usually have enough on their plate rather than having to monitor such situations and distribute that information to their members that might encounter picket lines.

A tempest in a tea cup?

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Question, has the union on strike contacted the respective player unions to get their response/support? My guess is no. PAs usually have enough on their plate rather than having to monitor such situations and distribute that information to their members that might encounter picket lines.

Winston said she has reached out to the NBA Players Association and heard nothing back. Yahoo Sports also reached out to the NBAPA on Monday and got no response.

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
I'm sure it's just a coincidence that they planned this strike to happen during the one month of the year that all 4 major leagues are playing games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad