horton, thelan, o'neil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
what are your thoughts on these guys. for different reasons, they havent exactly had years like you would expect(or at least i did ;)) will they reach their potential, how would you rate them(the way hf does, 9.0, 8.5, etc)

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Wes O'Neil? The opinion around here seems to be that he has exceeded expectations.

derbyfan

Nov 23, 2002
Visit site
Anyone heard if O'Neill will be playing in the O for Windsor next year?
Heard rumours a few months back about him possibly leaving Notre Dame.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Jacobv2 said:
Wes O'Neil? The opinion around here seems to be that he has exceeded expectations.
he has? ive been away a while, last i heard it seemed he wasnt playing too well

Clash*

Jan 18, 2003
RDriesen16 said:
what are your thoughts on these guys. for different reasons, they havent exactly had years like you would expect(or at least i did ;)) will they reach their potential, how would you rate them(the way hf does, 9.0, 8.5, etc)
Horton has lost two seasons to shoulder injuries, so how many points are you expecting him to score? His rookie season in the NHL, he seperated his shoulder slidin into the boards from a questionable call against Vancouver. He mistakenly rehabbed it instead of gettin surgery at first and later reaggravated it. This season in the AHL, after finally gettin clearance for the previous injury, about a month or two after playin his first game, he injured his shoulder again, but differently, and instead of comin back too early, sat out the rest of the season. When he has played, he has lived up to his expectations entirely.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
i know, thats why i said for DIFFERENT REASONS. im wondering if either these injuries will be something that will hurt him for his career or if he will cont to get injured.

Clash*

Jan 18, 2003
RDriesen16 said:
i know, thats why i said for DIFFERENT REASONS. im wondering if either these injuries will be something that will hurt him for his career or if he will cont to get injured.
If he sits and rehabs it properly instead of comin back too soon, it soon heal fine and hopefully not cause any further problems. If he rushes back again, like he did when he first injured it in January of '04, he'll probably always have a problem. Hopefully the Panthers play it smart/safe so the kid can dominate like he had just started to before the first injury.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
derbyfan said:
Anyone heard if O'Neill will be playing in the O for Windsor next year?
Heard rumours a few months back about him possibly leaving Notre Dame.
'

the fans who follow college hockey say ND has some nice freshman talent joining next yr's team.They also have a new headcoach.I'd be surprised if O'Neill doesn't return to ND next season.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
RDriesen16 said:

he's getting a lot of icetime,which is what the isles said they wanted for him.

http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7Archives/Postcards/jackson_0335.htm

May 10, 2005
By Mike Eidelbes

With all but three players returning from last year’s squad, the cupboards certainly aren’t bare. The continued maturation of defenseman Wes O’Neill, who blossomed as a sophomore, is important, and similar

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
RDriesen16 said:

I saw him a couple of times last season and he looked better than a 4th rounder, especiually in this particular draft. I didn't know much about him before and had heard he underacheived the previous year (which wuld explain the low selection). I was expecting some sort of lanky, non-factor tool wondering around. I was pleasantly surprised.

He's very raw, not the smartest decision-making, nice assets in a big package. When plays with confidence he is really involved and you really notice him as one of (and often the) best player on his team. He is mobile and can take nice shots. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear confidence and consistency are there yet. Mostly, he's a gifted player who hasn't put it together.

Potential at this point looks like anything from Joe Bust (pessimistic) to Eric Brewer (optimistic). In the 2004 draft, I think this guy could have easily went in the 3rd round and myself, I'd have have him in the 2nd. 4th round was too late, IMO.

no Gino

May 16, 2005
An article in today's Minneapolis newspaper says that Thelen is playing in the Dub for PA next year after leaving Mich State

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
AJ Thelen has an ego problem. He has a lot of talent, sure, but his ego and his attitude is going to limit him if he doesn't quiet himself down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad