Horton possibly out for the season...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
The Panthers hottest player, biggest contributor of late, has a tear in his rotator cuff and he is scheduled to get it checked out shortly. Ironically, the doctor who is checking his shoulder is also a minority owner of the Panthers.

I have no doubt in my mind that the way Horton has been playing of late, he would of been the Calder winner. The man was a monster, intimidating players, and scoring at will. He has four goals in his last five games, and was definately playing with a lot of confidence. Its dissapointing to see this happen to such a great, young man, and I just hope it isnt as serious as they think.

L3DZ3P

Aug 18, 2003
Trois-Rivières,Qc
pb1300 said:
The Panthers hottest player, biggest contributor of late, has a tear in his rotator cuff and he is scheduled to get it checked out shortly. Ironically, the doctor who is checking his shoulder is also a minority owner of the Panthers.

I have no doubt in my mind that the way Horton has been playing of late, he would of been the Calder winner. The man was a monster, intimidating players, and scoring at will. He has four goals in his last five games, and was definately playing with a lot of confidence. Its dissapointing to see this happen to such a great, young man, and I just hope it isnt as serious as they think.
NAH Bergeron will get the Calder.

Marchy79

Mar 1, 2003
Barrie
Visit site
Jan 12 Horton was unable to return to the Florida Panthers lineup after getting tangled up with Canucks' defenseman Brent Sopel and sliding headfirst into the boards during the first period of Sunday's game against Vancouver. The rookie center suffered an injury to his left shoulder and will be re-evaluated on Monday. According to coach Rick Dudley, the shoulder did not pop out of joint, so the team does not expect Horton to be sidelined for an extended period.

That's according to the Yahoo Fantasy Hockey league... Perhaps it is not as bad as it seems for

CoolburnIsGone

The MRI showed that he did have a tear in the rotator cuff so Yahoo is obviously old news. It is sounding more and more like he's done for the season. Horton definitely had a chance at the Calder having scored 4 goals in the last 4 games and 5 in the last 6. He was turning into a scoring machine and then a stupid incident like this. Well I bet Cohen (majority owner) is happy that he won't have to shell out any extra cash to Horton for his bonuses. :cry:

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
Torn Rotator Cuff eh? tell me about it, I tore mine two years ago, never have had surgery on it, it kills like a you know what. Hopefully Horton gets better cause I feel his pain.

Marmax

Dec 28, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
That's pretty bad news for him, because torn rotator is a serious injury. It takes a long time to heal and it lessen your arm power for a certain time. Moreover, that injury tend to come back often if it doesn't heal properly, which happen more often than not, just watch some baseball pitcher's injuries history.

After the operation, which consist of rattaching the detached muscle, Nathan will have a long pain period and only after it, he would be able to begin rehab so he is likely to be out for remainder of season. Really, really sad for him because he was really good lately and that incident was just bad faith.

Remax

Sep 24, 2003
Canada
RichPanther said:
The MRI showed that he did have a tear in the rotator cuff so Yahoo is obviously old news. It is sounding more and more like he's done for the season. Horton definitely had a chance at the Calder having scored 4 goals in the last 4 games and 5 in the last 6. He was turning into a scoring machine and then a stupid incident like this. Well I bet Cohen (majority owner) is happy that he won't have to shell out any extra cash to Horton for his bonuses. :cry:

Rich, that has to be one of the dumbest things I have read on here yet. I don't mean to pick on but seriously now. For one I don't think that Cohen would be happy because it takes a pretty sick person to be happy when someone they DON'T like gets hurt, not to mention someone that they REALLY like and have already dished out a bunch of money too. Secondly I think that Cohen would much rather have Nate in the lineup, getting points, playing hard, creating opourtunities, and helping the Panthers possibly make a playoff run and having the shell out bonuses to him, rather then to have him injured on the sideline not only still having to pay him the rest of the money for the year, but also hurting his teams chance at making the playoffs. It just doesn't make any sense what you said there.

CoolburnIsGone

Remax said:
Rich, that has to be one of the dumbest things I have read on here yet. I don't mean to pick on but seriously now. For one I don't think that Cohen would be happy because it takes a pretty sick person to be happy when someone they DON'T like gets hurt, not to mention someone that they REALLY like and have already dished out a bunch of money too. Secondly I think that Cohen would much rather have Nate in the lineup, getting points, playing hard, creating opourtunities, and helping the Panthers possibly make a playoff run and having the shell out bonuses to him, rather then to have him injured on the sideline not only still having to pay him the rest of the money for the year, but also hurting his teams chance at making the playoffs. It just doesn't make any sense what you said there.
I think I have a different perspective on Cohen than most people but the opinion is still similar. And if you understood the situation better with Cohen & FL you'd understand what I meant. I was being partially sarcastic and partially a shot on Cohen. Most Panther fans understand what I meant by it. Cohen is keeping the purse strings VERY tight in FL. The rumored deal between FL & the Isles for Parrish didn't go thru because Dudley was trying to figure out if he could justify to Cohen the increase in salary. Cohen said before the waiver draft that Dudley need to cut a little salary and when the situation presented itself, he allowed Hurme to be claimed (yes, Dudley could have protected him again so it was obviously a salary move) to accomplish what Cohen wanted. Then Cohen gets upset with Dudley for letting Jani go for nothing. Ozo was traded last yr for salary reasons (and because Keenan overplayed him to the point that his defensive flaws were more prevalent). That being said, Cohen did step in and help in the negotiations with Horton to get his deal done this yr. So he knows what Nate brings to the team and wants him to succeed. My statement about this was regarding the fact that Cohen won't allow any kind of spending really at this point to improve the club. So if Dudley didn't have to worry about justification to Cohen, he could've had the deal done for Parrish and the Horton injury would be significant but at least lessened with Parrish on board. And a family friend (an accountant who deals with personnel issues for large companies) has discussed the subject with Cohen at one point...he doesn't believe that spending the extra money right now would improve the attendance because his fan base is a certain amount and no larger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad