Horton or Frolov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frolov

Nov 24, 2003
RichPanther said:
On your assumption that Horton could've avoided the injuries, I don't really know how that is possible. When you drop the gloves, you take a chance for an injury no question about it. But at least it shows that he's a real team player in my book. The injury this yr could NOT be blamed on him. He was driving to the net for a scoring chance and Sopel took him down. How could he have prevented that? By NOT trying to score????????? He could've prevented the injury if he had slid head-first into the boards...which ultimately would've given him a more likely worse injury (probably a concussion and that is much worse for hockey players). And you're suggesting he shouldn't play like a power foward as he's done so well in that role?? The guy was banging bodies all yr, even after the injury, and in doing so he aggrevated the injury. To label him injury prone is unfounded and inaccurate by all accounts.

Well....you just described a player very familiar to Kings fans. His love for the game along with his courage has caused him several injuries. And his style of play has caused him to be labeled injury prone and he's missed nearly two seasons now. His name...Adam Deadmarh.

Frolov

Nov 24, 2003
X-SHARKIE said:
Powerforward with good size and an edge to his game, very tough guy. Great hands, great scoring ability, creative, great vision, creative, passes very well, all around game.

Can't the same be said about Frolov though?

KingPurpleDinosaur

Bandwagon Kings Fan
Dec 17, 2002
irvine, ca
www.anteaterhockey.com
frolov isn't too creative. he will do the same thing over and over again until he gets stopped, then come up with something else and then do tha tover and over again until he's stopped. He's powerful though, has a quick release, and has fairly quick acceleration, but not enough to be a pure goal scorer. I think Horton is going to be more one dimensional in that aspect while Frolov will round it out with a full game.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
There is no questions regarding Horton's history of injuries. One injury was caused by a Stewart sledgehammer to the face, which is totally understandable if you've ever seen Stewart up close. The second was a borderline penalty that forced Horton to slam into the wall awkwardly. As he matures physically and mentally, Horton is going to be one of the best power forwards in the game. He would of been a Calder finalist if it wasnt for his shoulder injury.

Im a fan of Frolov as well, I just think Horton brings a great all-around, physical game to a Panthers team that has so desperately needed a player like him.

Randall Graves*

Fedz said:
Goals - Horton.
Best All Around Player - Frolov.

I honestly see Frolov playing like a Peter Forsberg. He reminds me so much of him.
I don't, he doesn't really have an edge to his game. he plays good defensively and I like Frolov alot but I don't invision him being a better scorer or better player.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Fro the Love said:
Frolov is the better player. That's what's important.

How do you figure? I think they are two different type of players, and shouldnt really be compared. I like Horton cause he is going to be a great two-way player in this league.

Clash*

Jan 18, 2003
Vincent_TheGreat said:
Nathan Horton! I'm surprised Horton is not a winger, he is a big goal scorer and not a playmaker.
Horton played a good amount of the season on the wing, either with Weiss or Jokinen, startin in December, which is when he started to get hot.

Clash*

Jan 18, 2003
Flame_Star_Devil said:
Gotta take Frolov... his play this season shows me he can carry a team through tough times.
As opposed to Horton, who was the only guy scoring for the Panthers it seems during the months of December and January before his injury?

Gumby

Nov 14, 2003
By the beach!! FL
Visit site
Caniacforever said:
Pardon me, but that sounds insane to me as well. Injuries aren't as unscientific as you're making them sound with the pool analogy. Players in this league should know how to take a check by the time they get to this level. It has nothing to do with two equally stupid incidents and one player coming out better. If you've seen an injury prone player play, you'd know what i'm talking about. Players like Straka, Palffy, Deadmarsh, Allison, Bure and Lindros often times injure themselves in incidents that you wouldn't often see as harmful. Broken Jaw, Torn Shoulder, Wrist Sprain, Hamstring Pull, Broken Ankle and a host of other injuries that could have probably been avoided with either using good judgement, bracing better for a check, or simply slowing down.

I think maybe you need to differentiate between what is a "freak injury" and a guy like you said Ziggy, who gets hurt with simple checks and constant pulled/strained muscles/ligaments. Beleive me, being a Caps fan I've seen more than my share of injury prone guys, but a kid who gets his jaw broken in a fight (something nobody can avoid) and a shoulder injury that coulda happened to anyone....and his desire to rehab it and come back as soon as possible is something I'd want outta my players, and if he really shouldn't have done it it's the management and doctors job to keep him off the ice....unfortunately it didn't work out.

As for my pool analogy, when you say guys should be able to just get up from "freak injurys" I think it was a perfect example....given that's a description of what is really a freak injury and someone who avoids it. Now if you wouldn't consider his injury's as "freak injurys" then maybe you're right, but my problem with what you said is that guys should be able to just hop up from every incident, no matter how "freakish"....which is nothing more than luck a lot of the time. Now knowing how to take a check into the boards that he see's comin and such is expected, but to say that guys should always be out the next shift after takin sticks to the face and other "freak incidents" is just way off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad