Horrible Officiating

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrizzLeaf

Registered Bear
Aug 13, 2010
Quebec
One of the worst officiated games I think I've ever seen. The refs basically won the game for the Leafs tonight. Great game until they gift the Leafs a horrible call that ended up being the winning goal. Then the Leafs end the game slashing, tripping, holding, interference, you name and no call whatsoever. Horrible, horrible officiating.
Wut?

Did you even watch the game?

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Lol, I guess you weren't getting the Detroit feed. Even the announcers said it was horrible. Ridiculous they gave the Leafs the game like that. They showed the terrible call post game.

Homer's being Homer's, shocking.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
lol ive listened to them they are a joke, so biased and they should be considering the feed is Fox sports Detroit, come on now. u guys have a good young team but the penalty B.S is a cop out.

Mmmkay. I challenge you to listen to other regional guys and find a less-biased broadcast team.

But, honestly, you probably won't because it takes effort, and who wants to do that? Enjoy the Cup this year, Toronto.

Homer's being Homer's, shocking.

Your misused apostrophes are painful. What does Homer own in this sentence? What is Homer's possession being? Is it being shocking? It is an electric fence? A cattle prod?

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
Mmmkay. I challenge you to listen to other regional guys and find a less-biased broadcast team.

But, honestly, you probably won't because it takes effort, and who wants to do that? Enjoy the Cup this year, Toronto.
lol all the Fox sports teams are Biased to there home Channel, it makes sense you know lol. come on!

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
One of the worst officiated games I think I've ever seen. The refs basically won the game for the Leafs tonight. Great game until they gift the Leafs a horrible call that ended up being the winning goal. Then the Leafs end the game slashing, tripping, holding, interference, you name and no call whatsoever. Horrible, horrible officiating.

You know we can all check your post history and see that you're a Leafs fan, right?

ABCUser

Mar 9, 2016
Let's be reality here for a minute: The penalty on Dekeyser was a garbage call. The game was close -- SOMEHOW -- but that call turned the game.

[mod] I don't care how many PP each team was given or anything else. All I know is that when the game was on the line and Detroit was driving and pressuring and a guy gets the stick knocked out of his hands, how do you possibly call a penalty on him? The refs clearly gave the Leafs the game and it's not even debatable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: RedMenace

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
Wow, some clueless Leaf fans. I don't care how many PP each team was given or anything else. All I know is that when the game was on the line and Detroit was driving and pressuring and a guy gets the stick knocked out of his hands, how do you possibly call a penalty on him? The refs clearly gave the Leafs the game and it's not even debatable.

Wrong. The refs kept DET in the game.

Reactions: rubous

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
That sucks.

Speaking of ref bashing/controversy the league is so busy tonight then nothing tommorow (because that’s fun) with all this action tonight some of you may of missed the classic between the avs and sabres. And when it comes to calls check this out. So late in the first Eichel makes a highlight real goal happen, ya know that familiar flashy coming in down the wing drags the puck back between your own legs-move all the kids are doing now, deking the avs d out of their gear, they go upstairs, then call it a goal. Down 3-1 late in the first at home for buffalo before they do a long western California swing. Then Colorado challenges and what do ya know the league says the call is wrong and the refs and people who went upstairs are both wrong so now it’s back to 3-0 lol.....it’s getting hilarious. Hutton coming in had made 78 saves on 81 shifts and was a revelation but tonight the abs scored two quick PP goals he didn’t see the third one he could of stopped. plays keep away from the abs the next minute after but

this was honestly the worst game I’ve seen buffalo play in years. THAT SAYS something. Like a lot. 0 for 7 on the PP the second unit didn’t even know how to bring it over the blue line my god the crowd didn’t even boo anymore they were so embarrassed they just left.

I can’t even believe this is the same team I see on paper which while not amazing is better then anything they’ve iced in ten yeRs or the last few games. While the last few weren’t amazing either they were competent enough to win and look petty decent doing it.

Colorado has two breakaways in the the third where every player on buffalo was in the avs zone no one was even close to Hutton and of course both went in top shelf same spot and no one even made a sound.

this team has looked bipolar in the two losses and two wins, fragile tonight couldn’t connect on anything unlesss the top gifts were out and even then it was too passive.

Even RJ and Rob Ray on MSG buffalo commentary were bashing them. To quote the 80 yr old hockey hall of gamer “this is ugly....” (when the kids on second unit couldn’t connect a pass to enter the zone)

Was truly ne of the strangest games I’ve ever seen. Well see how buffalo does against Vegas again and all California but this was something else.

The sad part is dahlin played pretty good as usual, amazing hipcheck old school (third collision of the game in four games so far!) and got his first point and wasn’t to blame for much of the lapses (compared to most of the team) he almost scored twice too.

Just brutal.

Leafs win and the sabres get blown out and eichel loses pts, while Matthews scores another four hundred. Am I living in the head of IPS? And he’s in rem sleep? Lol

Last edited:
Reactions: WilliamNylander

Morlu

Nov 4, 2011
[mod] I don't care how many PP each team was given or anything else. All I know is that when the game was on the line and Detroit was driving and pressuring and a guy gets the stick knocked out of his hands, how do you possibly call a penalty on him? The refs clearly gave the Leafs the game and it's not even debatable.

Very debatable. We’re debating it now on a hockey forum. Officiating was okay, better team won. Debate that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
he is but watched the Fox sport Detroit Feed and thinks that they call an un biased game which they dont.
No local broadcast calls an unbiased game. They shouldn't be total homers but the audience wouldn't like it if they were as objective as possible.

My point is to make clear this isn't some Wings fan crying about the officiating.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
No local broadcast calls an unbiased game. They shouldn't be total homers but the audience wouldn't like it if they were as objective as possible.

My point is to make clear this isn't some Wings fan crying about the officiating.
yup dont really care that he thinks the calls were wrong, because there were bad calls both ways, and it dont matter the leafs took the 2 points and will move on....

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
Wow, some clueless Leaf fans. I don't care how many PP each team was given or anything else. All I know is that when the game was on the line and Detroit was driving and pressuring and a guy gets the stick knocked out of his hands, how do you possibly call a penalty on him? The refs clearly gave the Leafs the game and it's not even debatable.
LMAO

Start watching games objectively

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
The refs were the last issue there. Zero ref controversy in the game.
Lol what game did you watch? It's okay to rip players sticks out of their hands and throw them now? And then have the TV camra catch the ref telling said player now dont do that again!! Lol haha. Not that it mattered but come on.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
If you play as badly in the second period as the Wings did you don't deserve to win a game.

The officiating was terrible tonight, missing not one but two instances were the Leafs players shot teammates sticks in the dying minutes and actually hearing the verbal warning to not do it instead of making the correct call made me think I was about to have an aneurysm. Not a good night for them.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
lol ive listened to them they are a joke, so biased and they should be considering the feed is Fox sports Detroit, come on now. u guys have a good young team but the penalty B.S is a cop out. There was cheap calls both ways did u see the one they Called on Auston, oh I bet Micky boy prob said that was a good call, the feed is biased all day.

Mickey hates officials, it is a huge consistency about him actually. He trashes bad calls, I think he did Matthews if I remember right.

Daniels and Mickey are calling a game for Detroit fans. Both guys are very different when they have been in national roles as they should be. But your belief is unfounded in terms of Mickey says almost once a game, you wouldn't be happy about that call gang, but hopefully we can make the most of getting the benefit of that bad call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad