'Horrendous' bomb-defusing game for kids sold at Walmart offends some shoppers | CBC News

Merya

Jokerit & Finland; anti-theist
Sep 23, 2008
Helsinki
It's for wrong reasons, but I agree. I hate these stupid plastic gimmick games that will be abandoned after the first evening. Hunry hungry hippos is a prime example. It's more fun and better for kids to play actual board games than these plastic monstrosities. And if it leads to playing Arkham Horror and other masterpieces, your kid will thank you for it.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
I had a toy bomb as a kid, the type that looked like a bowling ball. Turn a dial and pass it around, whoever is holding it while it pops loses. Oh the horror!
I had one of those, too. Didn't last long after several drops on concrete, but I can assure today's young parents/grandparents that it never once injured anyone (players or innocent bystanders) AND none of us joined a terrorist cell as a result of the experience (that I am aware of).

Sep 19, 2008
I had one of those, too. Didn't last long after several drops on concrete, but I can assure today's young parents/grandparents that it never once injured anyone (players or innocent bystanders) AND none of us joined a terrorist cell as a result of the experience (that I am aware of).
Absolutely agree

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad