Hope for the A-Devils?

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
So, now that Lou and his historical disdain for/neglect of the farm system are gone from the Devils...

might that indicate the A-Devils now have the potential to not be the organizational debacle they've been this whole century?

Discuss.

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
I would say it depends on who the new gm is in NJ. I say this because even tho LL had moved into the president's role and hired a new gm, now they have to find LL's replacement and that guy might have a different idea of who he wants in charge of their team.

zetajerk

Jan 1, 2015
Here's hoping they can turn it around. I plan to go to plenty of games in Albany this coming season. They also have Glens Falls to draw from now, which could help.

SeanShapiro

Jul 21, 2015
Probably a good sign. Pens AHL club always a decent a team when Shero was running Pittsburgh.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
I would say it depends on who the new gm is in NJ. I say this because even tho LL had moved into the president's role and hired a new gm, now they have to find LL's replacement and that guy might have a different idea of who he wants in charge of their team.

I'm pretty sure that Shero is going to stick around as the Devils' GM. Or was he hired as an interim?

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
So, now that Lou and his historical disdain for/neglect of the farm system are gone from the Devils...

might that indicate the A-Devils now have the potential to not be the organizational debacle they've been this whole century?

Discuss.

I'd rather discuss why people need to add "discuss" at the end of a post on a message board where we discuss stuff. :laugh:

But in all seriousness...short of the guy deciding to move the team there's virtually no way it can't get better for Albany under a new GM.

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
Here's hoping they can turn it around. I plan to go to plenty of games in Albany this coming season. They also have Glens Falls to draw from now, which could help.
You think a significant number of fans are going to drive to Albany to root for the Devils AHL team vs going to see their "hometown" ECHL club right in Glens Falls?

RowdyFan42

Apr 22, 2015
Albany(-ish)
You think a significant number of fans are going to drive to Albany to root for the Devils AHL team vs going to see their "hometown" ECHL club right in Glens Falls?

Maybe. Maybe not. Remember, a significant number of fans wouldn't support their "hometown" UHL club right in Glens Falls because they felt they were too good for the UHL, that only the AHL would do.

RowdyFan42

Apr 22, 2015
Albany(-ish)
Hope for the Devils' farm system, whether it be in Albany or elsewhere...

http://blog.timesunion.com/hockey/d...itzgerald-as-assistant-general-manager/19774/

Ray Shero has brought in another one of his Pittsburgh peeps, hiring Tom Fitzgerald as assistant GM. This fuels speculation that Chris Lamoriello's days in the organization are numbered; whether he follows his dad to Toronto or goes elsewhere is unknown and, quite frankly, unimportant.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
In addition, RIP Toronto Marlies.....

Nah, not really. I seriously doubt Mr Burns could destroy an AHL team that fast (before retirement).

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
The pens were an LOL almost AHL team when Shero got there. Just saying. The Devils stink but I'd say easily more talented than what Shero walked into in Pitt.

At the same time maybe nothing changes. Most teams don't care about the minor league team that badly.

Artie Fufkin

Jan 11, 2014
GM until May. And I think this is just him going to another organization but still working for the Devils. Drawing two paychecks with the chance to f-up two AHL teams at one time.

He's the GM of the Leafs. He has no association with the Devils.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Hook, line, and sinker...

English...not fishing.

I had no idea if he was serious. I thought on my own that wasn't possible but at the same time I can't say I give a ****. Two average organizations these days in the 4th most popular pro sport where I could care less about the top division league.

Tommy Hawk

May 27, 2006
Hook, line, and sinker...

English...not fishing.

I had no idea if he was serious. I thought on my own that wasn't possible but at the same time I can't say I give a ****. Two average organizations these days in the 4th most popular pro sport where I could care less about the top division league.

Lou is just that good that he can f-up two organizations talent pool at the same time. His aura precedes him in all he does. He is the greatest. Just ask him if you don't believe. :sarcasm:

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Lou is just that good that he can f-up two organizations talent pool at the same time. His aura precedes him in all he does. He is the greatest. Just ask him if you don't believe. :sarcasm:

Lol. If he believes he's great though I call baloney. NHL is the least credible league when it comes to a career resume. Over half the league makes the playoffs every year. Its not unrealistic to have a long run of qualifying for a playoff field that isn't the toughest to make. Its not the NFL or mlb where 1/3 makes it. 55% of the teams do. If anything with all those years you'd have to consider 3 championships somewhat disappointing. Granted we live in this dumb society where if you actually don't win a championship after a few years you get fired no matter how good or bad the team actually is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad