Honest Question About Claude Julien & Bruins

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal
Does he truly believe what he is saying:amazed:? The whole criticism of "diving" and that the game "should be played a certain way".
He's part believing it, part posturing for a future confrotation. The Bruins are cheap shot artists, and the habs are divers; it doesn't matter if it's true or not, what matter is if you can make the opponent flinch and second guess himself.

canadiensnation

Jun 11, 2011
GTA
Look I have seen a lot of hockey in my life, I have played a lot of hockey in my life and I have seen a lot of things both in the sports world in in every day life.

Typically when someone is lying, cheating or doing something wrong they know it (whether they admit it or not) they know it.

So my question is this (pursuant to Claude Julien's post game interview following the Bruins loss to the Habs 4-3)

Does he truly believe what he is saying:amazed:? The whole criticism of "diving" and that the game "should be played a certain way".

If this is simply posturing to get the refs on his side (as if the Bruins need help there) then fine. Good on him. But is he truly that ignorant or is he (and his club) simply the epitome of Hypocrisy?

Do John Stewart and Stephen Colbert have to make more video montages pointing out this blatant lying?

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the rough style of play the Bruins employ, it is entertaining and make for a great team, but how can a coach or player look at themselves in the mirror after so blatantly lying and then claim to be "play the game the way it should be played" :help:

I am baffled at this, no really I am baffled. How does the NHL allow this kind of lack of integrity to prevail in a sport played by men?

He is definetley all fired up because his team lost and at that moment he made himself think that hes right and his little interview is legitimate when in reality he should be fined for his lack of respect towards the league for his actions. I've seen so many coaches and gm's get fined for stuff they said after a game about bad reffing or how they should ref the game. This whole franchise is the epitome of hypocrisy, its absolutely disgusting.

bizman

Feb 27, 2009
montreal
B's fan here. I think what happened was that Boston has been on the short end of power play opportunities lately and the frustration boiled over. He picked the easiest target Subban (even though he didn't dive during the game), instead of criticizing the officials directly. I think this was mostly intended to get the refs and league thinking about the penalty disparity overall not just for yesterday's game.

11Goat11

Inside her
Feb 18, 2006
Not the first time someone from the Bruins made unclassy statements about the Habs and won't be the last. At least Montreal wins and loses with class, can't say the same for these neanderthals.

What a bunch of whinny sore losers that team is, from coaches to theirs goons. If this was a another team calling out Montreal for diving and by extension criticizes the officiating, there would be fines, but we know who really runs this league.

And what an embellishment from Seguin, you'd think he was Mike Ribeiro or something :sarcasm:

Habtchum*

B's fan here. I think what happened was that Boston has been on the short end of power play opportunities lately and the frustration boiled over. He picked the easiest target Subban (even though he didn't dive during the game), instead of criticizing the officials directly. I think this was mostly intended to get the refs and league thinking about the penalty disparity overall not just for yesterday's game.

If it would be the case, the Bruins would have a guy in the penalty box almost all night long. Bunch of cheap shots artists.

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
Julian is one fortunate guy to be an NHL coavh. He must have an IQ of 50 and he probably was picked on as a kid. He can thank Ottawa for giving him Chara. As you can see, they are stinking without him. He covers many blemishes.

Habtchum*

Julian is one fortunate guy to be an NHL coavh. He must have an IQ of 50 and he probably was picked on as a kid. He can thank Ottawa for giving him Chara. As you can see, they are stinking without him. He covers many blemishes.

Ottawa did not give Chara. They did not sign him when he became UFA (fatal error: they re-signed Redden instead !!!). Boston had the cash and the vision of signing him.... Who was the Habs GM back then ?

Chara arrived in Boston before Julien.

bizman

Feb 27, 2009
montreal
If it would be the case, the Bruins would have a guy in the penalty box almost all night long. Bunch of cheap shots artists.

Actually they have been on the receiving end lately. First an uncalled boarding by Weaver from the Panthers on Lucic and then Emelin's cross check on Seguin. If the refs did their job these situations could be avoided.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Actually they have been on the receiving end lately. First an uncalled boarding by Weaver from the Panthers on Lucic and then Emelin's cross check on Seguin. If the refs did their job these situations could be avoided.
Yes, because the B's have never been the recipients of missed calls...they just have hard hockey plays...

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

You really want to go over all the missed calls during a game??

You had a missed call on Seguin (although I don't even think it was a penalty, nor would I give Thornton a penalty for his check on PK), we had a missed call on McQuaid absolutely crosschecking Desharnais on the ice just as bad after the Pacioretty goal.
So, that alone makes it even.

In any event, this is not the first time Julien (and the Bruins) whine. It's a recurrent theme after their frustrating losses.

And, it can actually happen to be on the bad side of the refereeing once in a while, but what makes it worse is that this wasn't even the case.
Chara took it upon himself to go protect his teammate. Even if Emelin would have gotten a 2min, it doesn't mean you guys would have won. He still would have been out of the game for 17min. You want to blame something, well blame your decision making. Also blame your squad for having 5 of your guys in front of a net and letting a midget come through to get the rebound.
Blaming it on diving and officiating is just moronic.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
No. He's just drunk out of his mind...

2em2253.png

Analyzer*

He and the Bruins players and fans can say whatever they want. No matter what they say the result stays the same. We won, 4-3 and got 2 points

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

had Seguin chose not to embellish...

bizman

Feb 27, 2009
montreal
You really want to go over all the missed calls during a game??

You had a missed call on Seguin (although I don't even think it was a penalty, nor would I give Thornton a penalty for his check on PK), we had a missed call on McQuaid absolutely crosschecking Desharnais on the ice just as bad after the Pacioretty goal.
So, that alone makes it even.

In any event, this is not the first time Julien (and the Bruins) whine. It's a recurrent theme after their frustrating losses.

And, it can actually happen to be on the bad side of the refereeing once in a while, but what makes it worse is that this wasn't even the case.
Chara took it upon himself to go protect his teammate. Even if Emelin would have gotten a 2min, it doesn't mean you guys would have won. He still would have been out of the game for 17min. You want to blame something, well blame your decision making. Also blame your squad for having 5 of your guys in front of a net and letting a midget come through to get the rebound.
Blaming it on diving and officiating is just moronic.

I agree. I'm just giving you the backround situation. This was just a case of frustration.

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
It is funny how the habs have to constantly be on their best behavior while the bruins can run around diving and throwing cheap shots or else one of them will be crying to the media and playing the victim.

The Gal Pals

Breaking Hab
Oct 28, 2006
There's a history of Claude Julien and the Bruins actually believing they are holier than thou.

The Gal Pals

Breaking Hab
Oct 28, 2006
It is funny how the habs have to constantly be on their best behavior while the bruins can run around diving and throwing cheap shots or else one of them will be crying to the media and playing the victim.

Credit the Habs for being able to play the Bruins type of game. Now the Bruins know what it's like for all the other teams to play have to put up with their BS all the time.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
He has a great future in politics if he so desired to enter that after coaching.

Its called a diversion. Like a magician. He points to something to distract people away from the real issue. And that issue is Chara should be suspended for his intent to injure. The other issue is that the Bruins really are just a very good hockey team.........not great.....just very good.

Self preservation is a powerful drug.

Analyzer*

He has a great future in politics if he so desired to enter that after coaching.

Its called a diversion. Like a magician. He points to something to distract people away from the real issue. And that issue is Chara should be suspended for his intent to injure. The other issue is that the Bruins really are just a very good hockey team.........not great.....just very good.

Self preservation is a powerful drug.

Intent to injure ? Where ?

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal

Powerplays are not supposed to be even. When you break the rules, you're supposed to get called.

Montreal gets a lot of powerplays because they are one of the fastest teams in the league. The penalties they draw are hooking and holding calls for the most part because the other team can't match their speed.

It's not supposed to be even at the end of the game.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Intent to injure ? Where ?

Everyone in the NHL knows that Emelin has a metal plate in his skull. Chara included.

Chara knew what he was doing when he went after Emelin. He wanted to end his season.

But feel free to make excuses for Chara.

MauditGreek*

Everyone in the NHL knows that Emelin has a metal plate in his skull. Chara included.

Chara knew what he was doing when he went after Emelin. He wanted to end his season.

But feel free to make excuses for Chara.

Common! It's Chara, it's not his fault, he didn't know where he was on the ice and seriously, the game is played so fast he couldn't know who was on the ice. Just a strong hockey play, just ask Colin Campbell

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
It's a very very good question, because it almost seems beyond the realm of reasonable human psychology and we've seen Claude Julien not having lost all his marbles.

It could be pressure from the organization to go full press with this kind of hypocrisy in order to obtain clemency from refs in the future and prevent suspensions by acting like they are unwarranted, as if after a certain point, the number of bad deeds you do saturates and you can't get punished.

Chiarelli (see: Poke the bear) is an outright propagandist. Again, does he really believe it? We compare it to O'Reilly and there is evidence to suggest that Bill O' doesn't actually believe the things he spouts on The Factor.

It still could be a mass brainwashing caused by a positive feedback loop between the organization, the fans and the media. They are the typical bully that kids learn about in school. They need attention because they are internally fragile. Maybe this is a psychological phenomenon of clinical relevance. Complete and utter obliviousness. That or the water in Boston makes your dick shrink and this is a phase they're going through.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->