Honest feeling about playoffs?

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
We are going to beat the Leafs pretty good and lots of crow will be eaten around here.

James Van Riemsdyk is the guy with the most playoff experience on that team. Tied with Lupul.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/habs-welcome-chance-of-facing-leafs-in-playoffs/

“Bring it on,†Habs defenceman P.K. Subban said before Montreal faced the Buffalo Sabres at First Niagara Center.

“If you’re not fired up for that, you shouldn’t be playing hockey. Toronto and Montreal? Come on, it doesn’t get much better than that.â€

--

“That’s two historic franchises that have been known to hate each other over the years facing off,†said Habs defenceman Josh Gorges. “There would be a lot riding on that series.â€

Even the younger players sense it.

Brendan Gallagher, the 20-year-old rookie who has impressed with his feisty play this season, flashed his trademark grin when asked about what it would be like to draw Toronto in May.

“I’ve only been a part of that little rivalry for one year but you can already tell that we hate each other,†said Gallagher. “It’s the same on both sides. Those are very competitive games, very intense games.

“If we were to meet in the playoffs, I’m sur it would be a very emotional series.â€

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Let's get real; If we play the Leafs, whoever wins this series will be banged up in the second round, physically yes, but also emotionally. Not the kind of playoffs round I'd pick if I had to choose one to begin.

The Leafs defense is IMO a better fit for playoffs hockey, and we'd need some serious improvement from the Desharnais line to get us going.

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
Bruins have an easy schedule, so it's looking like Toronto first round. I don't like our defense. Markov is obviously not 100% and may never be again. Replacing Emelin by committee is gonna suck eventually. Gonna be hard to hold a lead.

If we scrape out of a Toronto series, we get the Bruins again. If we somehow knock them off, it's the Penguins. Then Hawks.

Not with this defense. But my fingers are crossed.

habfaninvictoria

Nov 1, 2007
Victoria BC
Reasons I would dread facing Toronto:

- They play waaay too well in our building.

- Kessel is a Habs killer.

- All the pressure will be on our team with about 500 reporters covering the series reminding them of that everyday. If we lose, it's viewed as a choke job.

- Reimer seems to be at his best against us.

- Toronto has nothing to lose.

- Our defence right now is NOT suited to play teams with 3 lines of offence, which Toronto is. We absolutely need a Diaz in top shape to play this team.

- They will try to goon it up at certain points.

- Randy Carlyle may actually smarten up and play Jake Gardiner since we're a skating team.

- Refs at the ACC...you know the deal by now. Guarantee the Leafs average at least a 5 on 3 per home game.

I guess it's been so long since the Laffs were in the Playoffs that you forget how bipolar their fanbase and reporters are. If we have 500 reporters, they'll have just as many... Pressure... the leafs have never felt it... when they do finally make the playoffs the frenzy will be so silly that they'll implode. There really isn't one player on their team that I could look at and say... yup, he's a leader and will make everyone calm. The only chance the leafs would have is if they can intimidate us... that usually comes with penalties and our PP is deadly. Bring em on....

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
I guess it's been so long since the Laffs were in the Playoffs that you forget how bipolar their fanbase and reporters are. If we have 500 reporters, they'll have just as many... Pressure... the leafs have never felt it... when they do finally make the playoffs the frenzy will be so silly that they'll implode. There really isn't one player on their team that I could look at and say... yup, he's a leader and will make everyone calm. The only chance the leafs would have is if they can intimidate us... that usually comes with penalties and our PP is deadly. Bring em on....

Indeed. Not only are their fans playoff rookies for the most part, their players are as well. That does not combine well with pressure.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Didn't want to play the Leafs at first but after reading some of these threads I want them to play MTL now.

What is insufferable now, will only become gleeful euphoria if MTL puts them out. Plus it would be less stressful than watching them play BOS.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Didn't want to play the Leafs at first but after reading some of these threads I want them to play MTL now.

What is insufferable now, will only become gleeful euphoria if MTL puts them out. Plus it would be less stressful than watching them play BOS.

Actually, I think most of us Leaf fans who have posted in this thread have been quite civilized and respectful. Yes, I think the Leafs can beat Montreal. I think the Leafs can beat any of the Eastern Conference playoff teams. But I also think that any of those teams can beat the Leafs.

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
Actually, I think most of us Leaf fans who have posted in this thread have been quite civilized and respectful. Yes, I think the Leafs can beat Montreal. I think the Leafs can beat any of the Eastern Conference playoff teams. But I also think that any of those teams can beat the Leafs.

Its not so bad here but there is an absolute freakshow of Leafs homers posting on the main board lately.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Its not so bad here but there is an absolute freakshow of Leafs homers posting on the main board lately.

Well, to be honest, both fanbases are so large that they both have significant lunatic fringes. I know there are an awful lot of Leaf posters on here that drive me bonkers.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Well, to be honest, both fanbases are so large that they both have significant lunatic fringes. I know there are an awful lot of Leaf posters on here that drive me bonkers.

Sadly, I feel the lunatics on our side are more inclined to hate on our team :laugh:

We all have our fair share of stupid:laugh:

Serious HABit

Jul 16, 2009
Forum Ghosts
I went to Uni in Toronto and my brother lives there. If there's a series I'm driving down in all my habs gear, watching the game and I will make savage love to a Torontonian woman and party past 2 am to establish montreal alpha-male dominance.

Even if we lose their series we can have solace that their city has been plundered.

29dryden29

Jul 4, 2010
London Ont
For me after last season I am going to be ok as long as we do not play AND lose to the Laffs in the POs. Playing them and winning perfect playing them and losing no thanks lol.

holyhabs

Jun 9, 2007
Easiest matchup for the Habs is Rangers and then Bruins. I fear everyone else. Unless Winnipeg sneaks in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->