Honda Navigation System

Hutzler

Aug 12, 2011
Vancouver
Just wondering if any Honda drivers out there use the Honda Navigation System?

Specifically a 2017 Civic Touring.

I just bought this brand new car a month ago and the navigation takes quite awhile to acquire a satellite...sometimes between 15-30 minutes.

I know this is not normal and Honda is looking into it for me, but I just wanted to hear how long it takes for others to acquire their navigation satellite connection.

Feel free to reply even if you don't drive a Honda, but use the cars nav system.

Please name type of vehicle and average time.

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
Just wondering if any Honda drivers out there use the Honda Navigation System?

Specifically a 2017 Civic Touring.

I just bought this brand new car a month ago and the navigation takes quite awhile to acquire a satellite...sometimes between 15-30 minutes.

I know this is not normal and Honda is looking into it for me, but I just wanted to hear how long it takes for others to acquire their navigation satellite connection.

Feel free to reply even if you don't drive a Honda, but use the cars nav system.

Please name type of vehicle and average time.

My mom's HRV has the navi system. IIRC, it's the 2016 model. It didn't take that long to grab a satellite though, maybe a minute or two. I only looked at it a couple times when I was home last year though.

Since it's brand new, Honda should be able to replace whatever part(s) to get it working more reliably, a half hour acquisition time doesn't help if your destination is a short, but convoluted distance away.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
I don't have Honda, I drive BMW 3-series but it takes me seconds to minute to get connection at max. So there definitely is something wrong with your system. You have a brand new car so just stay firm and I'm sure you'll get the system replaced/fixed soon enough.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Last night we leased a 2017 Pilot. With the Apple Car Play in there now, it's a waste of money getting navigation. It just uses your phone's mapping.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Last night we leased a 2017 Pilot. With the Apple Car Play in there now, it's a waste of money getting navigation. It just uses your phone's mapping.

Yeah one of the features I wanted when I got my accord last year was Apple Car Play. As a nav system it works well. I just wish I could use Google Maps instead of Apple Maps.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad