Not open for further replies.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
I am glad Rittich didnt screw up

Smith needs to sit more often...he has been flaky lately

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Well that was a fun game. Dominating win. Another good game for Rittich. Needed some of that goal scoring. Desperately. Good stuff.

Reactions: Sk8M8

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Flames probably had more good chances in the third than in the first two combined

Great to see them keep pushing

Good game, now on to the next one

Reactions: Janks and Sk8M8

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
PhD-worthy post. :cool:

Look at this guy. He's not even a doctor yet and he's already got the ego.

ATPOnpH.gif

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
Honestly the ones that did should know better. The way this world works is all about instant gratification, thankfully the ones in power know better.
I think the same could be said about the entire team this last month; since the game IN Toronto (after our 3 worst efforts of the season), Calgary could be undefeated with a couple bounces. The team has been significantly better than the one Gaudreau, Monney, and Smith dragged around for the first 6 or 7 weeks; and while we can point to things that aren't great yet, patience with GG's system is going to win out over any rash moves.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
I think the same could be said about the entire team this last month; since the game IN Toronto (after our 3 worst efforts of the season), Calgary could be undefeated with a couple bounces. The team has been significantly better than the one Gaudreau, Monney, and Smith dragged around for the first 6 or 7 weeks; and while we can point to things that aren't great yet, patience with GG's system is going to win out over any rash moves.

Agreed.
I mean IMO, this team has lost more games that it deserved to win:

vs Ottawa
vs Minnesota
vs Dallas
vs Philly
@ Toronto
@ Minnesota
@ Dallas
vs Nashville

Than it has won games that it deserved to lose:

@ Anaheim
@ Philadelphia

These things are supposed to balance out over a season. They have not yet.

Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Agreed.

vs Ottawa
vs Minnesota
vs Dallas
vs Philly
@ Toronto
@ Minnesota
@ Dallas
vs Nashville

@ Anaheim
@ Philadelphia

I wouldn't say they deserved to lose the Philly game lol.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Agreed.

vs Ottawa
vs Minnesota
vs Dallas
vs Philly
@ Toronto
@ Minnesota
@ Dallas
vs Nashville

@ Anaheim
@ Philadelphia

hmm...deserve to win 80% of the game they lost?

You make Leafs fans look bad with the delusional thing.

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
Agreed.

vs Ottawa
vs Minnesota
vs Dallas
vs Philly
@ Toronto
@ Minnesota
@ Dallas
vs Nashville

@ Anaheim
@ Philadelphia

We deserved to beat Ottawa, a game we lost 6-0?

Reactions: Flameshomer

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Happy to see it turned for Sam.
The kid's got IQ, Skill, Speed and tenacity.... He had some of the worst puck luck in the NHL the first 15 games of the season. At least 1 good scoring chance created a game; and nothing to show for it.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Happy to see it turned for Sam.
The kid's got IQ, Skill, Speed and tenacity.... He had some of the worst puck luck in the NHL the first 15 games of the season. At least 1 good scoring chance created a game; and nothing to show for it.

Yeah he’s really feeling it right now and having a game like this is only going to add to his mojo. I’ve said all along that guys like Johansen, Kadri and Turris took some time to get going, and Sam plays a power game so it’s not surprising that he had some struggles early on and he’s likely going to go through it again at some point. He’s been playing really good defence and Gully credits that to his turnaround, a lot like Monahan when you think about it. I don’t think there’s any question that Sam has very high upside and the fact he throws up 4pts in a game just illustrates that.

All I know is that he’s a beauty.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Yeah he’s really feeling it right now and having a game like this is only going to add to his mojo. I’ve said all along that guys like Johansen, Kadri and Turris took some time to get going, and Sam plays a power game so it’s not surprising that he had some struggles early on and he’s likely going to go through it again at some point. He’s been playing really good defence and Gully credits that to his turnaround, a lot like Monahan when you think about it. I don’t think there’s any question that Sam has very high upside and the fact he throws up 4pts in a game just illustrates that.

All I know is that he’s a beauty.

He's going to end up around 40-50 points and set himself up for a big season next year.
I just really like the way he plays. I still think he's a centre when everything's said and done; but I'm happy to see him on the wing as long as he has chemistry.

I'd personally like to see:
Gaudreau - Monahan - Ferland
Tkachuk - Jankowski - Bennett
Frolik - Backlund - Jagr

I think that Jagr on that Backlund line makes them even harder to deal with in the offensive zone (where they've been struggling this year) and also gives Janko/Bennett a legit threat with Chucky.

Reactions: Skobel24 and Sk8M8

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Wouldn't pull Hathaway off that line yet. He's enough of a wrecking ball that he's creating chances by being chaotic.

Putting Jagr with the Backlund line is a good idea now and then, but I don't think Jagr has the ability to play those hard minutes full time. Let him play spot duty on the PP and 4th line, get him his 50 games to get the statistical lead, then make him a coach like they did with Lowry in '04.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad