TV: Homeland 8th and final season

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I actually liked the premiere. The show has had it's ups and downs, but I've enjoyed it throughout the years.

Good that they actually get to finish the show and not get cancelled.

I think either Saul or Carrie (or both) will die before it's done.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Series finale tonight. This season has been very very good. Nice surprise after the nonsense of the last two seasons.

This has been probably the best season. Carrie's goals have never been made clearer, by mostly Saul, as this season. To her the end result matters, no matter the cost. She's willing to pay the price for it and we've seen the costs.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
That was incredible. I guessed it sort of when they moved two years ahead to Moscow and when Carrie looked at the woman leaving the concert. She managed to build her own network in Russia. Sacrificed one asset to save two countries from going to nuclear war and then made herself the new asset.

Reactions: Tuggy

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
Glad that a few others revived this thread.

Absolutely brilliant ending to the show, among the happiest I’ve ever been with a series finale. Until the concert scene in Moscow, I never could’ve predicted an ending like the one they gave us, but so happy it ended like this.

Reactions: Tuggy

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Enjoyed the final season and the finale. That's not how I expected it to end.

One thing that was bugging though throughout was that Carrie was accused of conspiring to kill the president (among many other charges), but isn't kept detained during the legal process? She is the very definition of a flight risk :laugh:

It's been a good ride for 8 seasons. A couple seasons weren't great but overall it was good. Some really strong seasons in those 8.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Rarely do series wrap up well after a prolonged run. Perfectly crafted series bookend that made the slog through some forgettable storylines worth it.

Reactions: Big Poppa Puck

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK
Enjoyed the final season and the finale. That's not how I expected it to end.

One thing that was bugging though throughout was that Carrie was accused of conspiring to kill the president (among many other charges), but isn't kept detained during the legal process? She is the very definition of a flight risk :laugh:

It's been a good ride for 8 seasons. A couple seasons weren't great but overall it was good. Some really strong seasons in those 8.
It's one of those things where you shouldn't think about it too hard because it kind of falls apart. This is the same world where a person as unhinged as Carrie is allowed to be involved in top level CIA/foreign affairs operations.

Season 3 was the low-point of the show but they turned it around and made a fairly entertaining show of it the rest of the way. This was a nice finish to cap off another good season.

frisco

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame...
Sep 14, 2017
Northern Hemisphere
I'm a little late to the party but I thought Season Eight was a great wrap for the series. Lots of great scenes and plot twists galore. One of my favorite shows and one of my favorite final seasons of a show.

I wonder if there are any talks about a movie or something in the future.

My Best-Carey

Elvis P

Stop! In the name of love/You can't hurry love
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Here's a problem. I'm watching EP4 and I knew something was gonna happen to the President because there's 8 EPs to go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad