Pre-Game Talk: Home opener vs Bolts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Looking at the PR news and notes it would appear that Cory Stillman and Kevin Weekes are the siren sounders. Just a random fact I'm throwing out there.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Looking at the PR news and notes it would appear that Cory Stillman and Kevin Weekes are the siren sounders. Just a random fact I'm throwing out there.

Why on earth do they list that under "Officials" on the lineup sheet?

Also, what's Weekes doing in town? Stillman is working for us now, but isn't Weekes still doing HNiC?

Moosetache

Jul 25, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Gleason-Faulk
Pitkanen-Sanguinetti
Harrison-Corvo

Tripp: "Muller has decided to make a change on D and pair Harrison with Corvo. This isn't an indictment of Corvo. There were some real tough plays against Florida that really weren't his fault. With the chemistry that Tim and Joe show, I wouldn't be surprised to see Corvo back on the top pairing soon and being the elite shut-down two-way defenseman that we all know he can be. This bit of adversity could be a watershed moment for this hockey team."

John: "That's right, Tripp. Corvo and Timmy Gleason have been a formidable shutdown pairing for years. In the '10-'11 season they finished a combined -25, which is a great number."

Tripp: "Indeed it is. Joe Corvo brings the skating ability to keep up with the top forwards in the NHL. We all remember that game where he shut down Alex Ovechkin almost four years ago. What a performance. What. A. Performance."

*Five minutes into the game, Sanguinetti is skating the puck out of the defensive zone when he turns around and rifles a slapshot past Cam Ward.*

Tripp: "That's a tough play. A tough play. If you watch the replay, you can see that Pitkanen's pass is a few inches ahead of Sanguinetti, which means he has to reach forward to receive the puck. You have to think that Joni's bad play may have interrupted Sanguinetti's thought process and made him totally unaware that he and Cam Ward were on the same team. These are the types of things that a young defenseman will learn from...you have to be aware when Joni's on the ice that he is going to make a pass and you may have to put yourself into a position to receive it. From an objective standpoint, Joni Pitkanen carries the lion's share of blame for this goal."

Wow, that is hilarious, especially if you read it using Tripp and Forslund voices in your head. I thought it was real until the second line....LOL

SeaBasstian

Don't Tread On Me
Mar 5, 2007
Connecticut
I now have tuesdays off at work. all tuesdays. which works out well for the schedule considering im usually working when games are, and there are plenty of games on tuesdays this season. also hoping that my computer lab over here runs fast enough so i can watch the streams of the game. if nothing else i can follow with gamecast and radio. better than nothing i suppose but really hope i can get video. trying it out tonight!

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Looks like we know who will be the scratches tonight per Chip.

Dalpe, Boychuk, McBain getting the late work after skate.

And it looks like the 4th line will have some size with Westgarth and Welsh

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Don't know how to feel about this game. I want to believe that we'll come out a lot better than we did against Florida, but I don't see the result being any different.

On the positive side, at least if we start 0-2, we'll be in good company (Rangers and Philly, off the top of my head).

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Given how much churn there is in the Canes line-up and the short training camp, I have no idea what to expect this early in the season. I suspect it will be 5-10 games before we get a feel for what they have. Hopefully they don't dig themselves too big of a hole before they figure it out.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
One game tryout?

mauriceMain.jpg

Gr8Dan

Dec 29, 2009
NC
Corvo gets a pass for his penalties and boneheaded plays while the kids who didn't look bad in the florida game gets scratched? Really?? Get Mcbain in there for corvo jeez

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
If Muller has decided McBain isn't in game shape yet then fine, don't play him. I would hope that is the case though because Corvo doesn't need to have a long leash. We're screwed defensively if he does.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Corvo gets a pass for his penalties and boneheaded plays while the kids who didn't look bad in the florida game gets scratched? Really?? Get Mcbain in there for corvo jeez

In fairness, Dalpe is sick and Chip said if he was healthy, he'd likely still be in the line-up so we're really talking about Boychuk.

It was reported that Muller wanted a more defensive 2nd line to go up against Stamkos/St. Louis and he wanted a bigger 4th line. So that would leave only the 3rd line or 1st line for Boychuk and Bowman. Bowman played better in Florida and is getting rewarded so that leaves the 3rd line for Boychuk. Who on the 3rd line are you going to scratch for Boychuk? Anyhow, it's still early in the season and I suspect we'll see lots of juggling of lines and guys in and out until they settle in some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->